Staff, Product Manager- Finance Data Factory, Semantic Models
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1749250
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money, so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can’t do that without the best talent – talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional solutions for our customers.
With the sheer scale of Walmart’s environment comes the biggest of big data sets. As a Product Manager supporting the Semantic Data & Analytics team, you will collaborate with finance partners and development teams to unleash the power of Walmart’s vast data, enabling high-powered retail data analytics in the form of durable Power BI Semantic Models built for ad-hoc analysis and self-service reporting. You will do this by closely partnering with business teams to learn their objectives and then breaking down those large ideas into actionable stories on a product backlog to be worked by the development team. Your agile expertise will help you bridge the gap between finance and technology teams by guiding them through a transparent process that delivers results and creates business value.
We are actively hiring Product Managers with a broad knowledgebase within the world of business intelligence including experience working in Agile, Jira, Power BI, SQL, or other BI tools. If you are a Product Manager experienced in writing compelling stories leading to the illumination of meaningful insights in Power BI and have an exceptional understanding of the product mindset and agile methodologies, you would be a great fit for this position.
About the Finance Data Factory Product Team
As a part of our team, you’ll build industry defining finance data products to drive differentiated experiences for the customers. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for data, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion to build data products, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team then our Staff, Product Manager role could be for you. The ideal candidate will be an innovative leader, influences data strategy, and works closely with the engineering and business teams to take an idea through implementation and stabilization.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure customer privacy is at the forefront of all we do
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and financial data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks. Manage and prioritize the flow of work by leading the Product Backlog refinement sessions
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you:
- You are a storyteller, visionary, and innovator
- You are passionate, driven, and humble in your approach
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You thrive on both leveraging and leading the way
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technology field is required
- 5+ years in product management, data product, data analytics, and reporting
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts to senior leadership
- Experience communicating with senior leadership with the use of visuals
- Business Intelligence strategy
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and SQL
- Base knowledge of a business intelligence tool, such as Power BI, Tableau, or Looker
- Must have sound business judgment, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position.
- Master’s degree in business administration or a technology field is preferred
- Experience in Finance and/or Engineering roles
- Agile certifications
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 7 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 9 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 6 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.