(USA) Senior Manager, Security - Security Technology
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1757016
What you'll do...
**This position is based in Bentonville, AR and would require relocation. Working remotely is not an option**
Are you ready to join Walmart’s Facility Security & Technology team and protect the world’s largest retailer by shaping the Security Technology landscape of the future? The Sr. Manager, Security Technology is a crucial role that will influence one of the world’s largest life safety and security deployments by helping steer the technology roadmap for CCTV, Fire Alarm, Emergency Mass Communication, and Intrusion systems deployed at Walmart properties across the globe.
This position will enhance our Security Technology portfolio and will be the subject matter expert, focused on alarm technology that will be detecting and responding to threats by establishing best practices and collaborating with cross functional teams. In this role, you will engineer and evaluate technology-based solutions to improve our current life safety and security processes, work closely with technology vendors, fire marshals, fire protection engineers, and internal stakeholders to design and deploy leading edge solutions, and lead a team of system specialist to support and grow the existing security technology solutions.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Leading with integrity while delivering quality results.
- Having a fluid knowledge of fire alarm technology solutions.
- Collaborate with leadership on the ideation and implementation of strategies and solutions that support the deterrence, detection, and response to potential threats to the business.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to help guide and deploy solutions.
- Being a strong communicator.
- You have strong technical writing skills.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, including Real Estate, Compliance, Asset Protection, Corporate Security, and Operations.
- Having vision to continuously evaluate changes in the environment, to include both strategy and technology to enhance capabilities for multiple stakeholders.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have a deep understanding of fire alarm technologies and how they work together to provide multi-leveled detection, and notification.
- You have IT Networking experience.
- You are comfortable building relationships, leveraging internal and external partnerships with key stakeholders and working collaboratively on a cross-functional teams.
- You have experience leading a Technical Support team, providing tiered technical support.
- You are future-focused and actively seek out opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness.
- You are a subject matter expert in CCTV, Access Control, Paging, Fire Alarm, Intrusion Alarms, Central Station Monitoring, and Security Operation Centers.
- You have experience working with Quickbase, Tableau, PowerBI or other data visualization solutions.
- You are experienced in public speaking, presenting, and teaching mid to large sized audiences.
- You are driven to execute today while focusing on the future.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Risk Management, or related field and 3 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area.
Emergency Management, Project Management, Supervising Associates
Masters: Business Administration.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Risk Management, or related field and 4 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Emergency Management, Project Management, Supervising Associates Masters: Business Administration
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.