Senior Director, Product Management, Front End Stores Checkout Experience
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1723759
What you'll do...
Senior Director, Product Management
Front End | Store Checkout Experiences
About the Team
As a part of Walmart’s Product Organization, you’ll be part of the team that creates the products, services and platforms that help millions of customers save money and live better and equip 1.3 million associates with the tools that empower them to do their jobs, effortlessly. Here, you’ll apply best in class technology to make the complex, simple; the unimaginable, doable; the futuristic, realistic.
With our user-centric approach to problem solving, customers and associates are at the heart of everything we build. We fall in love with the problem that needs solving and collaborate with our design, technology, and business partners to create inclusive, award-winning solutions. As a part of Walmart’s Product team, you’ll be the voice of our customer. Walmart was founded with the belief that the customer is #1. It’s not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With the customer at the forefront, we can help save both time and money for our customers no matter how they shop with us and reach them in new, exciting ways.
Our entrepreneurial spirit pushes us to dream big, but we also hold ourselves accountable with objectives and key results. Innovating on the world’s biggest stage, we get to put our product management expertise to work to deliver customer-centric shopping solutions like the Walmart app, game-changing financial and health and wellness services, and next generation associate tools, like an augmented reality stocking app, and so much more. This is that place where our work has a purpose, and we see it play out in our stores and communities every day.
The Front End Store Checkout Product team is is focused on providing our customers and associates a best-in-class, faster and easier checkout experience. This team has the unique ability to look across all customer and associate checkout touchpoints in the store. We are looking for a Senior Director of Product Management for Store Checkout Experiences, who can define the vision for the Front End at Walmart and help develop the product strategy to deliver upon the company’s goals. This is an opportunity to lead one of the most critical aspects of the retail customer experience, backed with the stability and scalability that the Fortune 1 company can provide.
This role will lead Product Management for the store checkout experiences overall, including the current front end experiences (point of sale platforms, self and staffed checkout, mobile checkout, and associate checkout tools), as well as leading the development of our future next generation experiences and platforms. This role will lead a passionate and talented team of product managers to deliver on ambitious objectives including improving transaction time, optimizing NPS, reducing shrink and improving accuracy to deliver a frictionless customer experience and optimize cost effectiveness overall.
As a Senior Director of Product Management, you will play a unique role to engage with a broad array of stakeholders to envision, launch, test and optimize our next generation of platforms and solutions. This is an opportunity for a unique individual with a combination of customer focus, technical experience, product sensibility and strong business acumen.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, manage risks and communicate product plans and progress against goals.
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives. This role will drive the product vision, develop and execute a clear product strategy aligned with the company's goals, and help the team translate strategy into actionable plans.
- Building strong relationships with key partners by aligning objectives and goals, communicating, and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership. Collaborate closely with engineering, design, analytics, business, operations, finance, and legal teams to ensure product success.
- Applying product mindset and experience to find solutions to complex business opportunities to impact the short and long term for the company
- Support Walmart Product as a thought leader in the space of retail product innovation. Assess current market trends, customer needs and expectations and the competitive landscape to develop and influence industry standards and best practices.
- Building an inclusive team environment by attracting, training, and retaining a team of high-performing diverse Product Managers. Continuously inspire, mentor and develop the Product team while building a strong team culture.
- Leading with a customer-first focus on driving outcomes, encouraging team members to take ownership and strive to identify new opportunities.
We’re looking for a dynamic leader who is…
- Customer Obsessed – you will always start with customer’s needs first and obsess over every aspect of their experience. You will work to reduce customer effort and aim to delight with best possible solutions.
- Creative & Innovative - you are an innovative thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, and design) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs. You relish in solving problem in simplest possible way. You are able to think and act creatively, championing and promoting innovative ideas that contribute to the goals of the organization.
- Collaborative & Influential - You have the ability to influence and work collaboratively with large number of teams to make the vision of the product successful. You communicate clearly and concisely to deliver messages across the organization (at all levels) and thrive in complex matrixed environments.
- Curious & Data-driven –You consider yourself analytical and draw insights from new & varied information and inputs. You have a strong understanding of industry trends, emerging technologies, and market trends in the retail space.
- Strategic - you are able to translate product strategy into detailed specifications, making functional and user interface design tradeoffs, managing product launches and owning the product successes post-launch. You solve for the long term while delivering results now.
- A Product Leader - you lead and inspire teams, evangelize product strategy and vision and develop a talented team. You are empathetic leader who draws the best from all. You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities, and relationships.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 15+ years in Product Management. Retail industry and omnichannel environment experience is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience building and managing a team of high performing product managers.
- 5+ years current experience as a Senior Leader leading other leaders
We are a high-performance team looking for others who will challenge us to become even better. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly-visibility team within the largest company in the world. Come join an organization where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute significant impact by solving problems at a scale available to only a few entities in the world. At Walmart, the products you create are only bound by the scope of your imagination. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping at scale. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Director in Product Management at Walmart could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
Our Product team has flexibility on location, for most of our openings, you can live within driving distance to one of our hubs: Bentonville, AR, Hoboken, NJ, San Bruno, CA, Sunnyvale, CA or Dallas, TX. We’re moving toward 3 days in the office per week, with flexibility.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 13 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 15 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 12 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.