Senior Manager, Global Communications
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Job Function Communications
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1572175
What you'll do...
The Senior Manager II, Global Communications is a strategic thinker and communicator, looking for something new each day. Join the Global Communications team at Walmart and make an impact not only on the future of retail, but on topics and issues the whole world is watching. This position will support our strategic, 360 communications related to Walmart’s Finance efforts, including ESG and Investor Relations. This includes supporting communications strategies that include internal, external, social media, issues management and more. The role will have you thinking on your feet every day, pivoting and multi-tasking fluidly. The ability to jump in with an executive presence and thought leadership is key.
In this role you will help support and advance Walmart’s communications around quarterly earnings; key events including annual shareholders’ meeting, investment community meetings and investor conferences; further the company’s ESG narrative, highlighting Walmart’s shared value strategy and perspectives for a defined set of priority ESG issues; proactively and reactively engage with media and drive social media and associate engagement.
Come with an ability to identify problems and offer solutions — quickly, autonomously and with vast foresight. Bring your ability to see projects end to end and envision the full picture. Engage your analytical mind to find creative solutions to real issues. And ignite your communication skills to work collaboratively and sell big ideas.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Assisting in the development and execution of proactive, data-driven 360 communications strategies that advance enterprise goals simultaneously with multiple internal and external audiences; understanding social trends and being externally opportunistic and continuously playing reputational offense.
- Engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution and evaluation of appropriate plans and initiatives.
- Partner with business partners to support key priorities; advising and providing recommendations to mitigate or address key issues through messaging and engagement.
- Developing impactful messages that help move the needle with key stakeholders; writing and editing communications materials; partnering with the ESG team on the development of ESG issue briefs.
- Identifying opportunities, threats, and best practices and evaluate data and metrics; uncovering new insights and trends that improve communications and processes.
- Serving as a company spokesperson delivering sensitive and impactful key messages to enhance and protect corporate reputation. Building and maintaining relationships with national, local, and online journalists; assessing and supporting potential media engagement opportunities; evaluating public opinion research, analyzing news coverage and providing points of view to key audiences.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re a storyteller, creative thinker and a visionary.
- You have pre-existing relationships with finance, ESG and business media contacts.
- You have experience supporting executive communications.
- You’re organized, disciplined and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re a master at making complex subjects easily understood through words and visuals.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
The Walmart Global Communications team is focused on both traditional and new ways to reach audiences internally and externally and shape the reputation of the brand. Team members work cross-functionally with every aspect of Walmart business, connecting with associates across the globe. The work goes beyond retail. Our team has the ability to influence and impact communities across the U.S. in areas ranging from healthcare to sustainability to inclusion and diversity. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and are a force for positive change.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related field and 4 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area OR 6 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area. 1 year’s supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising Associates
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.