Director, Product Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1705121
What you'll do...
Director, Product Management
Who we are…
The Walmart Data Ventures team exists to unlock the full value of Walmart’s data by developing and productizing B2B data initiatives that empower merchants and suppliers to make better, faster decisions for the business. As part of this transformation, we’re seeking entrepreneurial individuals to help drive data productization from concept to deployment.
What you'll do...
The Walmart Data Ventures Director of Product Management will lead overall product design to support merchant and supplier collaboration within the Data Commercialization portfolio workspace. Manage product development from concept to market; mindset to build and vision products for scale and how each product interrelates across the platform; envision features and functionality that provide differentiation in the market and competitive advantage for WMT (raise the bar for our Merchants and Suppliers). Will lead change management and influence at the executive level.
- Develop plans and presentations for articulating strategic direction, vision, and priorities.
- Develop long-term roadmaps for Data Ventures products, in partnership with the Data Ventures Leader & other leads.
- Translate Data Ventures direction, goals, plans and progress into clear terms for stakeholder alignment and leadership buy-in.
- Develop new data products into viable opportunities for the Data Ventures team to assess and prioritize
- Research B2B data product markets, develop point of view on trends in data products and analytics, study strategic partnerships, develop relationships with new prospective partners
- Conduct opportunity sizing research and exercises, as well as pricing strategy research to clearly articulate the makeup of competitive or complementary markets/products
- Interview and hold workshops with potential clients, developing personas, journeys, stories and more product development artifacts that advance the product
- Develop product concepts, value propositions, feature sets and design systems to begin the path towards product-market fit. Test, adapt and refine product approach to produce a viable opportunity Walmart should consider.
- Plan new data product scope, prep, build and launch
- Set objectives and key results (OKRs) for product launch, adoption and market reception.
- Articulate scope and required data elements and analytics required for the use case
- Coordinate with commercial leads to develop Go to Market strategy and plan.
- Support identifying and assessing potential partners for deployment and distribution
- Co-create request for information and request for proposal documents and conduct in-depth sessions to evaluate partnership candidates
- Help build and launch data products, developing a plan and backlog to expand beyond the initial scope
- Drive a product growth strategy in collaboration with the commercial leader’s growth strategy. Plan a 2-year roadmap based on prioritized needs and opportunities
You will sweep us off our feet if you...
- Help drive Data Ventures’ overall strategy, roadmap, priorities, and planning across the team
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Develop, communicate, build support for, and implement business strategies, plans, and practices
- Determine and support resource requirements
- Responsible for product satisfaction rating
- Scales with an enterprise-level approach
- Sets and guides the overall sales strategy to ensure highest valuation by directing sales and the management of key accounts
- Manages product managers, scrum teams, and product support
- Drive portfolio strategy to maximize NPV and ultimately revenue potential
- Develop new data product concepts, from initial use case exploration to complete go to market recommendation.
- Identify ways to improve product performance and extend lifecycle, across the Data Ventures portfolio
- Startup or new product/business experience and mindset strongly
- Experience in retail/eComm, B2B products, or data/analytics industries
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.