Specialist, Physical Security
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition R-1703020
What you'll do...
What you'll do....
- Supports the development and implementation of protocols, programs, and training by providing input, making recommendations for improvement of safety and security protocols, standard operating procedures (SOPs), training, and security programs, ensuring compliance with Corporate Security protocols, SOPs, and company policy, updating and maintaining site-specific responsibilities, initiating the incident command system in emergency situations until relieved, and providing tactical response to emergency situations (for example, domestic violence, workplace violence, fire, severe weather, active shooter, chemical spill).
- Implements security systems and strategies (for example, compliance, crisis response, threat management, investigations, patrol, dispatch) by responding to alarm and intrusion detection system activation (for example, voice evacuation, panic/duress device, perimeter, motion/ground sensor), determining priorities of action in emergency situations, providing tactical security responses to life safety events and incidents (for example, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid) according to company guidelines, ensuring threats are reported and assisting with mitigation of identified threats, investigating reported corporate facility threats, allegations of policy violations, criminal activity, security breaches, and complaints, assessing visitor (for example, associates, guests, supplier, drivers, panhandlers) threat level, assisting with and escorting critical and valued information and merchandise (for example, legal files and documents, diamonds, mergers and acquisition documents).
- Ensures regulatory and corporate policy compliance (for example, Payment Card Industry (PCI), personally identifiable information (PII), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Fire Code, Life Safety) by addressing compliance-related issues; reporting and correcting violations (for example, eyewash stations, fire extinguishers, panic/duress alarms, egress and ingress routes); and implementing solutions to achieve compliance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners to promote a safe working environment by providing tactical emergency responses during life safety incidents (for example, fire, bomb threats, active shooter situations), providing customer service with internal (for example, Alarm Technicians, Asset Protection, Facility Management) and external (for example, law enforcement, regulatory agencies) groups, and reporting feedback from customers.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources, collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners, identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations, carrying out tasks, communicating progress and information, determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities, and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans, Door Policy and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- This is a Uniform Security role.
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a relevant position, police, fire, EMS, military, security.
• Fluent command of English with good communication skills and customer service.
• Team player with ability to work with associates on all levels.
• Situational awareness
• De-escalation skills
• Comfortable responding to medical emergencies
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Will complete and pass all core components of the Physical Security Specialist Training Academy within 90 days of job entry date and will maintain them while employed in this position. 1 year experience in security, law enforcement, military, emergency services or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Corporate Security, Emergency Operations, Law Enforcement Bachelors: Criminal Justice, Bachelors: Emergency Management, Bachelors: Sociology CPR/BCLS - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.