(USA) Technician IV - ISD-2
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition R-1634037
What you'll do...
The Walmart Network Operations Center (NOC) is a centralized collection of teams (Bentonville, AR) focused on specific business segments such as Enterprise Wireless, Enterprise Networks (Datacenter and Global WAN), and Store Wired Networks. The NOC serves as the first line of defense in our network to detect and address network events as they happen across the Walmart Enterprise.
About the Team:
The NOC monitors network performance. Network issues are brought up through alerting and dashboards. NOC engineers are normally engaged as L2 or L3 engineers to assist in telemetry for other issues whether that is client, server, or application. Monitor and address auto-generated alerts (tickets or email notification), dashboards, application tickets from the edge sites, Emergency Operations Center for weather/disaster issues, or in some cases, calls to the Contact Center.
schedule: daytime Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
What you’ll do …
- Ability to operate phone.
- Ability to open and close incidents where appropriate.
- Recognize if a situation is critical and seek help if needed.
- Incoming calls
- Ability to identify critical calls.
- Able to follow QA guidelines with understanding of what is expected when answering phone calls for customer support.
- Ability to submit an escalation request to the escalation inbox for approval.
- Able to troubleshoot any issues pertaining to the training room (Strata cache)
- Basic switch commands and knowing how to understand them.
- Able to use and understand basic router commands.
- Able to understand basic wireless function/infrastructure of a store.
- Outages and multi-site issues / escalations
- Common NOC tickets and how work them
- Know how to access and use Links and Tools
- Able to work more common/basic networking calls with little to no assistance.
- Work critical tickets with little to no assistance.
- Check critical services and identify if there is an issue or outage.
- Troubleshoot from other teams that pertains to NOC.
- Switch replacements with no assistance.
- Perform all first-level troubleshooting for issues on wireless infrastructure in stores.
- Run basic Cisco controller and Mist commands.
- Basic Walmart Wi-Fi troubleshooting
- Knowledge of when to involve level 2 on impact or criticality.
- Ability to work non-critical wired and wireless incidents.
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to effectively communicate, identify critical issues and efficiently manage a queue.
- Ability to understand basic wireless function/infrastructure of a store.
- Ability to Work critical tickets with little to no assistance.
About Function & Walmart:
Our associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practice. We expect our associates to Live our Values & Champion our Culture.
Ways of working:
Primarily onsite. Our campuses and data centers serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Effectively communication skills and the ability to prioritize and manage incidents and identify critical issues while efficiently managing a queue.
Experience with basic wireless function/infrastructure of a store coupled with the ability to work critical tickets with little to no assistance. Experience with Identifying escalations and clearly communicating with the appropriate personnel.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Information Technology, Microsoft Office
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.