(USA) Director, Automation Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1634938
What you'll do...
With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that delights our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our team members to change the future of Supply Chain! If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role, with the world’s largest retailer, could be the fit you have been looking for.
You will be a part of our Ambient Innovation and Automation team and will report to the Senior Director, Automation Engineering. This is an onsite opportunity and can be based in Bentonville, Arkansas or at one of our Distribution Center locations near Chicago, Dallas, or Atlanta; you can expect to travel +50% of the time.
What You’ll Do:
- Project Management Experience - Daily lifecycle, Scoping requirements, managing vendor relationships, Partnering with business and operators to roll out new technologies
- Automation System Design: Leading the design, implementation, and ramp of RDCs
- Technology Product Management, Data Management, Dashboards, Data Strategy & Big Data Management
- Provide support to your direct reports
You’ll Make an Impact by...
- Operational Excellence: Explains operational responsibilities of the department and clarify the role and relevance to the enterprise strategy
- Data and Digital Literacy: Use data analysis tools to explore moderately complex data, develop and test hypotheses, influence strategic work, and build and present insights
- Partnership and Collaboration: Engage with team members on a periodic basis to establish credibility and analyze partner needs
- Mechatronics: Cite examples of usage or application of electrical design in automating supply chain processes and demonstrate understanding of schematics and common mechanical components of equipment
- Automation System Design: Describes main measures of success associated with the use of automation machineries.
- Process Flow Design: Interprets information to measure the anticipated outcome of supply chain decisions.
- Automation Integration: Understand the concepts and uses for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Engineering Economics: Describe the concepts behind engineering economics and financial data.
- Advanced Analytics: Explain the important concepts and features of data analysis methods (e.g. tools, dashboards, industry sources)
You’ll really impress us if...
- You’re passionate about solving complex problems
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, managing team members, and getting support from leadership
- You have direct people management experience or have indirectly lead through project management
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond a great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 5 years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 7
years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Doctorate: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.