(USA) Senior Data Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1628237
What you'll do...
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in architecting, developing, and maintaining our data infrastructure. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Business Intelligence experts to deliver high-quality, well-structured, and performant data solutions. Your expertise in SQL, data pipelines, ETL processes, and data visualization tools will be crucial to enabling data-driven decision-making throughout the organization. In this exciting opportunity you will work primarily with Workforce Planning team and Tech data teams. The role is based on Bentonville, Arkansas, and reports to the Staff Data Scientist on the team.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in SQL development and database technologies.
- Proven experience writing and optimizing complex T-SQL queries for data extraction and transformation.
- Strong expertise in building and maintaining data pipelines, ETL processes, and data integration.
- Proficiency in using tools like Tableau Prep and Dataiku for data ETL workflows.
- Experience working with large datasets and implementing performance optimization techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to create impactful reports and dashboards using Power BI, Tableau, and/or Looker.
- Background in data science and data analytics, with an understanding of statistical analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Designing and implementing complex SQL queries to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into our data warehouse.
- Building and maintaining robust data pipelines, ensuring data quality, reliability, and scalability.
- Utilizing ETL processes to transform raw data into actionable insights, adhering to best practices for data cleansing and enrichment.
- Leveraging tools such as Tableau Prep and Dataiku to streamline and optimize ETL workflows.
- Working with large datasets, optimizing queries and processes for performance and efficiency.
- Collaborating with Data Scientists and Data Analysts to understand their requirements and support their data needs.
- Developing and maintaining interactive and visually appealing reports and dashboards using Power BI, Tableau, and Looker.
- Applying data science and data analytics knowledge to enhance data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Staying current with industry trends and advancements in data engineering, analytics, and visualization technologies.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 5 years’ experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 1 year’s experience in software engineering or related
2 years' experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud, Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.