Staff Data Scientist- E2E
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1632565
What you'll do...
The Staff Data Scientist will lead our development efforts on Causal Inference Processes and Services. This Causal Inference work will be used to guide near and long-range planning. This Causal Inference work will inform strategic insights and guide future experimental design. This exciting opportunity will join a team of data scientists embedded within the business unit to develop tools that quantify the impact of investment and operational decisions on the Customer, Associate and Shareholder. This valued contributor will work with other teams within the Walmart E2E Fulfillment organization (data governance, data science management, analytics, operations) as well as teams across WMT US (Operations, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Finance). The role is based out of Bentonville Arkansas and reports to the Director of Data Science.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have experience in the development of Causal Inference (Judea Pearl) work product and frameworks. Knowledge of DoWhy, ShowWhy, EconML, Causica or other Causal Inference package.
- Familiar with Design of Experiment: A/B, Full Factorial, Partial Factorial, Plackett Burman
- You are skilled in Python. R, Scala are optional.
- You are experienced with Operational Research (OR), modeling, optimization, statistical modeling, Ridge/Lasso and elastic net regression. Familiar with ML frameworks: Scikit learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch.
- You are experienced in basic ETL practices. SQL experience is required, working experience in SparkSQL or PySpark is preferred.
- You have experience with cloud environments including Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Solid MLOps practices including good design documentation, unit testing, integration testing and source code control (git).
- You are experienced with agile methodologies using project planning and tracking management tools e.g., JIRA
- You’re naturally curious on how things work and excited by solving challenges at the scale of a Fortune 1 Retailer.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Examine business hypotheses leveraging Causal Inference analysis to develop deep understanding on causal relationships. Publish and curate Causal Inference findings to support operational decision making. Update inference findings with experimental results.
- Support the development of Experiments to test Causal Inference findings.
- Support the development of the Customer Decision Engine. Provide Causal Inference capabilities to cover the entire customer shopping journey.
- Identify data collection opportunities to better understand the customer/associate experience. Support the build out of data feature store.
- Identify data collection opportunities to better understand the customer/associate experience. Support the build out of the customer intelligence platform and data feature store.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.