Senior Risk Specialist, Cybersecurity
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Cybersecurity
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1625192
What you'll do...
As a Senior Risk Specialist, Cybersecurity on the Security Standards Enforcement team, you will be responsible for performing security assessments and collecting evidence of key security controls across a wide range of technologies, connecting solution owners to compliant enterprise products and services.
At Walmart, we prioritize innovation and data security. Our team is dedicated to maintaining a secure operating environment and preserving the trust of our customers, associates, and stakeholders. We combine a range of services and expertise to prevent fraud, detect threats, and manage digital risk and access. Our focus is on mitigating attack risks, securing cloud transformation, and fostering a culture of security and reliability within our team
What you'll do:
- Conduct thorough and comprehensive security assessments of the organization's information systems, networks, applications, and physical infrastructure.
- Identify security vulnerabilities, potential threats, and risks through regular security audits
- Evaluate existing security controls, policies, and procedures to determine their effectiveness and alignment with industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather information, analyze security data, and assess the overall security posture of the organization.
- Prepare detailed audit reports that clearly communicate findings, risks, and recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for security improvements, including the implementation of technical and procedural controls.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and best practices to ensure the organization's security posture remains current and effective.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of security policies, standards, and guidelines.
What you'll bring:
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles, standards (ISO 27001, NIST, etc.), and best practices
- Familiarity with security tools and technologies, including cloud platforms (e.g., Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.), containers and firewalls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Experience with scripting in Windows, Linux and Cloud environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and mitigate security risks effectively
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, information systems, cybersecurity, or related area and 2 years’ experience in cybersecurity risk or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company or 4 years’ experience in cybersecurity risk or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, or Security+ and prior experience at Big 4 Accounting Firms are highly desirable
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, information systems, cybersecurity, or related area and 2years’ experience in cybersecurity risk or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company.
Option 2: 4 years’ experience in cybersecurity risk or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Current and emerging technologies (for example, mobile, cloud, federation, network, cryptography, firewalls, security technologies, intrusion detection and/or prevention devices, penetration testing, architecture), Investigations, audits, or assessments, evidence handling, and document collection and retention consistent with judicial best practices, Payment card industry data security (PCI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance and/or reporting process, Risk frameworks (for example, COBIT, ISO 27005) CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor - Certification, CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Certification
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.