2024 Early Careers MBA FT: Senior Manager, Merchandising Operations - Walmart Merchandising MBA Leadership Development Rotation Program
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1614080
What you'll do...
The Walmart US Merchandising Development Leadership program is a rotational program for recent MBA graduates, focused on developing future Merchandising leaders.
You will work to solve some of the largest and most complex retail challenges as we move from the largest brick & mortar retailer into a true omnichannel experience provider. This unique rotational program gives you exposure to leaders and cross functional partners across Walmart.
Through an individual rotational plan executed over the course of 3.5 to 5 years you will develop a robust understanding of Merchandising resulting in cross-functional leadership experiences and growth opportunities.
- Business Analytics/Planning – Master your understanding of retail math, Walmart data systems, and Merchandising P&L to develop recommendations that accelerate market share, improves price gap, and achieve Walmart financial goals for a specific category/dept teams. In this role you will build your strategic mindset, data analytics, and operational decision-making abilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Replenishment - Learn how to flow product through Walmart’s supply chain: leveraging processes, developing strong supplier relationships, and gaining understanding of inventory impacts to the dept P&L. In this role you will build your data analytics, supplier negotiation, and operational decision-making abilities in fast-paced environment.
- Modular Development - Utilize customer data, industry trends, and Walmart financials to optimize assortment layout across stores and dotcom. In this role you will build your data analytics, customer insights, and project management skills for a portfolio of categories or total department.
- Central Merchandising Operations Team - Establish merchandising strategy, processes, and tools to ensure customer needs are met while providing internal financial insights. In this role your customer are the business-facing Merchandising and Merch Ops teams who leverage the processes and tools you create. In this role you will build your data analytics, customer insights, product development, and project management skills.
- Merchant Roles- Drive a customer-focused business with P&L ownership, strategic category thinking, and omni-channel optimization. You are responsible for picking the assortment for a group of categories and negotiating the best cost with your suppliers. In this role you will build your data analytics, supplier negotiation, customer insights, and project management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program with a graduation date of Spring 2024
- 3-5+ years of industry or military work experience
- Permanent US work authorization at the time of application
Live our Values
Culture Champion: Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Servant Leadership: Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage: Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change: Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
Customer Focus: Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Strategic Thinking: Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence: Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
Talent Management: Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree in Business Administration with a focus in general business, finance, or strategy. 3 years’ experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Consulting, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Merchandising, Project Management, Retail Management, Supply Chain
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.