Senior Manager II, People Partner - International Technology
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1602022
What you'll do...
About Walmart International
Walmart is the world’s largest retailer committed to helping people around the world save money and live better.
Walmart International operates in some of the world’s most dynamic markets across Mexico, Central America, Chile, Canada, India, Africa, and China with the strategy of building “Strong local businesses, powered by Walmart.”
- Walmart International operates more than 5,100 retail units across 23 countries, enabled by the commitment of approximately 550,000 associates.
- In addition to serving millions of customers each week, we are committed to driving transformation in the communities we operate, including advancing ambitious commitments within the areas of opportunity, sustainability, community and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Around the world, we help families save money so they can live better. We use our size and scale to provide access to high-quality goods and fresh, nutritious food at everyday low prices—while creating opportunities for our associates and small and medium-sized global suppliers.
About the Team and Position
The Senior Manager, People Partner for International Tech (Int’l Tech) partners directly with senior leaders of the organization, supporting the Product Management, Data Science, User Experience/Design, Technical Program Management, Portfolio Management, and Emerging Tech teams. This role provides a unique opportunity to partner with our International and Global Tech teams to provide an exceptional experience for the Int’l Tech associates.
In this role you will:
- Elevate the associate experience by understanding and answering associate questions. Understand the needs of our associates beyond what may be stated or obvious, identify the correct resources and teams to answer questions, and anticipate recurring or exceptional issues to minimize associate experience defects.
- Advise leaders on a wide range of business and people topics, including talent management, associate relations, promotions, talent acquisition, organizational effectiveness, change management, and Walmart policies.
- Collaborate with People teams in Global Tech, International, and US to share knowledge, optimize processes, and leverage resources across teams. Discern which processes/resources may be useful for the Int’l Tech workforce and advocate for the simplest solution for our associates.
- Work with leaders and associates to cultivate a culture of belonging, diversity, inclusion, and engagement across teams. Model Walmart Leadership Expectations.
- Execute all company people practices by anticipating and managing upcoming deadlines, inputs, and communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify process and policy improvements with scalability and automation in mind. Where necessary create new processes, get rid of processes that no longer serve our associates, and implement new ones.
- Anticipate emerging trends/topics and take appropriate steps to preempt any impact on associates (e.g., surfacing issues to right level of leadership, creating mitigation plans, etc.).
- Manage compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and company policies and procedures by keeping current on laws and regulations related to general human resource practices.
Location - Based in Bentonville, Arkansas or Sunnyvale, CA.
Comprehensive Relocation Package provided.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 4 years’ experience in human resources or related area OR 6 years’
experience in human resources or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project Management, Supervisory Human Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Sr. Professional HR (SPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.