(USA) Software Engineer III
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1604580
What you'll do...
You enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making, and excellent communication with strong interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
Our team collaborates with Walmart International, which has over 5,900 retail units operating outside of the United States under 55 banners in 26 countries including Africa, Argentina, Canada, Central America, Chile, China, India, Japan, and Mexico, to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Drive design, development, implementation, documentation, and follow the agile development process.
- Build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting associates of Walmart worldwide.
- Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Be involved in the successful implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Tech Leads/Architects and cross-functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery) within the established architectural guidelines.
- Learn new and changing technologies and adapt to ensure best software practices and standards.
- Participate in hiring and support to build teams
- Interact closely for requirements with Business owners and technical teams both within US and across the globe.
- You will help and participate with the teams that leverage and contribute to open-source technologies to make an impact on a global scale
What you'll bring:
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively both on teams as well as be self-motivated, task oriented and organized.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, willingness to learn new and emerging technologies.
- Strong customer focus and obsession with quality.
- Strong in algorithms, data structures and distributed systems.
- Strong Programming skills in Java, Scala or Python.
- Strong in writing modular and testable code and test cases (unit, functional and integration).
- Strong Debugging /Profiling skills.
- Strong knowledge of big data ecosystem - Data Warehousing, Data Lake, ETL, ELT, Spark/PySpark , Hive, SQL, Presto or similar technology on OLAP, Any scheduler like Airflow
- Strong in Database and Data Modelling - SQL, OLAP, OLTP, STAR Schema, Snowflakes schema, Fact & dimensions Tables, SQL.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer Service Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.