(USA) Manager I, Network Engineer-1
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1592162
What you'll do...
The Walmart Network Operations Center (NOC) is a centralized collection of teams (Bentonville, AR) focused on specific business segments such as Enterprise Wireless, Enterprise Networks (Datacenter and Global WAN), and Store Wired Networks. The NOC serves as the first line of defense in our network to detect and address network events as they happen across the Walmart Enterprise.
About the Team:
The NOC monitors network performance. Network issues are brought up through alerting and dashboards. NOC engineers are normally engaged as L2 or L3 engineers to assist in telemetry for other issues whether that is client, server, or application. Monitor and address auto-generated alerts (tickets or email notification), dashboards, application tickets from the edge sites, Emergency Operations Center for weather/disaster issues, or in some cases, calls to the Contact Center.
Schedule: Day time Monday through Friday. Weekend on call rotation.
What you’ll do …
- Proactive Monitoring
- Operational engineering
- Support investigations for other product / service owners in Global Tech
- Develop necessary automation to support operational management of the Network Infrastructure
- Serve as escalation point when needed.
- Quickly resolve complex operations issues
- Automate operational tasks to simplify operational engineering in the NOC.
- Identify issues with new rollouts and report them to the development team in charge of the rollout.
- Analyze and document processes and procedures to determine any needed changes for improvement.
- Assist in recommending, developing, and implementing process improvements for the team.
- Identify trends and bring them to attention for tech 6 and Engineers to analyze.
- Ensure root cause is identified on impacting or chronic issues that NOC is engaged on.
- Partner with vendors and other teams to improve systems and reporting.
- Statistical Analysis
- Assist with process improvements.
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to troubleshoot non-network issues that arise where our knowledge or tools may be able to assist.
- Ability to ensure root cause is identified on impacting or chronic issues that NOC is engaged on.
- Ability to Support investigations for other product / service owners in Global Technology.
About Function & Walmart:
Our associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practice. We expect our associates to Live our Values & Champion our Culture.
Ways of working:
Primarily onsite. Our campuses and data centers serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Ability to proactively monitor and communicate with internal/external operations to support operational management of the Network Infrastructure.
Some experience, knowledge and/or certification in network reliability engineering to support operational management of the Network Infrastructure.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, electrical engineering, or related area and 2 years’ experience in large-scale networking environments or related area.Option 2: 4 years’ experience in large scale networking environments or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Information Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.