(USA) Staff Automation Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1472655
What you'll do...
Walmart is building the Supply Chain of the future that will achieve success through innovative, driven and dynamic engineering leaders who will leverage their expertise around automation, engineering and retail to design and implement market changing capabilities for our distribution, fulfilment, and retail centers. Does this sound like you? If so read on to see how you might impact the world's largest retailer.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a solid engineering contributor with an excitement for adapting and integrating new automated systems in a retail setting.
- You have a hands-on engineering experience and are adept at sourcing and manipulating data to support your recommendations to leadership
- You’ll need to demonstrate experience adapting automation technology to new established environments, and have the ability to communicate technical needs of the situation in order to fully integrate the product, automation and operations to ensure a sustainable solution
- Demonstrated experience adapting automation to retail distribution or fulfillment applications
- Background in facility and/or process design leading to large scale implementation
You’ll make an impact by:
- Defining vision and strategies for automation technologies using internal and external requirements, building business cases, and knowledgeable enough to provide design solutions to implementation issues
- Integrating large-scale new automation technology for brownfield retail sites to enhance operational efficiencies, OEE, and increase productivity.
- Implementing efficiencies and best practices in automation and operations to help speed the delivery and quality of products
- Growing, influencing, and managing high-visibility key relationships.
What you will need:
- Degreed with a minimum of a Bachelor’s in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in automation design and implementation. Strongly prefer a retail or distribution centered experience.
- Advanced usage of SQL and presentation software to manipulate and present data
- Understanding algorithms, processes, and technology to recommend and implement next step solutions.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 3 years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 5
years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...406 S WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-5705, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.