(USA) Senior Manager II, Merchandising Operations - Auto Care Center
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1593193
What you'll do...
Senior Manager II, Merchandising Operations - Auto Care Center
This role would require relocation to Bentonville, AR.
Leads the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Develops, prioritizes, and executes key business strategies and communication platforms by managing cross-functional initiatives that impact store and corporate processes; developing merchandising programs and initiatives, customer and company communications, and associate training content; making recommendations for system support developments; recommending merchandise priorities for store operations; providing insight to senior management and other business partners on key issues and opportunities to drive the business; and translating merchandise strategies for assigned departments into executable programs for store operations.
Manages projects by building project plans; assigning projects and tasks to associates; scheduling projects; determining project scope; developing scorecards and metrics; developing short and long term plans; overseeing projects from start to completion; and completing projects in accordance with agreed upon timelines.
Manages the development of associates by providing training and support; monitoring associates growth; sharing key learning; providing feedback and coaching on performance; providing input on performance appraisals; selecting team members; and ensuring associates have the knowledge and skills necessary to advance. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Retail Merchandising, or related field and 4 years’ experience in business management, merchandising, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in business management, merchandising, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project Management, Supervising Associates Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt - Certification
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.