(USA) Director, Data Science - E2E
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1564859
What you'll do...
You will have functional leadership for ML/DS driven products and services within an organization focused on rapid prototyping of novel solutions for problems in merchandising. You will be managing 10+ brilliant data scientists, operation research scientists and machine learning engineers focused on solving hard problems in assortment optimization, pricing, promo planning and space optimization.
What you'll do:
The Director of Data Science will lead the team responsible for the development of ML solutions for core business problems in assortment, pricing, promo and planogram planning. The solutions build by this team will integrate with AI engines from supply chain, customer, associate, and intelligent growth to form a systematic and holistic approach to Walmart End to End fulfillment. This exciting opportunity will lead a team of data scientists embedded within the business unit to develop tools that highlight the impact of investment and operational decisions on merchandising operations as well as the Customer, Associate and Shareholder. This leader will work with other teams within the Walmart E2E Fulfillment organization (data governance, data science management, analytics, operations) as well as teams across WMT US (Operations, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Finance). The role is based out of Bentonville Arkansas and reports to the Sr. Director of Retail Intelligence – E2E Retail Science.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You're a storyteller - a master at making complex subjects easily understood through compelling stories and visuals.
- You have subject matter expertise in the development of retail merchandising solutions such as pricing, assortment, promo and space optimization.
- You are skilled in Python. R, Scala are optional.
- You are experienced in Reinforcement Learning and Multi Agent Reinforcement Learning.
- You are experienced with operational research (OR), modeling, statistics, optimization, statistical modeling, neural nets. Familiar with ML frameworks: Scikit learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet.
- You are experienced in basic ETL practices. SQL experience is required, working experience in SparkSQL or PySpark is preferred.
- You have experience with cloud environment including Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Solid MLOps practices including good design documentation, unit testing, integration testing and source code control (git).
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
You'll make an impact by...
- Lead team to translate core business problems in merchandising into DS/ML problems and reframe said problems to enable business experimentation in/around process redesign and operational decision making.
- Utilize Stat/ML modeling and optimization techniques to help leadership understand operational and investment decision impacts on merchandising operations as well as the associate, customer, and/or financial priorities.
- Work with AI Enablement team (simulation, experimentation and measurement) to answer key business questions in merchandising.
- Integrate consumer intelligence, associate intelligence, supply chain and merchandising to form end to end merchandising solutions.
- Design & rapidly prototype tools that demonstrate interdependency of decision making across multiple actors/agents and business units.
- Identify data collection opportunities to power end to end merchandising.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 6 years' experience in an analytics related field.
Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field.
Option 3: 8 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.