(USA) Staff Software Engineer - EBS, Global Governance Tech
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1535131
What you'll do...
It’s an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. Want to use design and coding skills to solve real-life large-scale problems impacting millions of lives?
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer for a key position within Global Time and Attendance team. Global Time and Attendance platform plays a key role in enabling associates to manage their time & attendance by providing convenient mobile & desktop experience.
About Team: EBS
Our organization, i.e., Enterprise Business Services – Global Governance -Digital Citizenship Tech focuses on managing and delivering world-class products, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. Responsible for Global Privacy Technology Product implementation(s) so that we can earn customers and associate trust.
What you'll do:
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, business partners, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of working experience in Java/J2EE
- 3+ years of experience with Kafka or other high volume-low latency messaging infrastructure
- 3+ years of working experience in NoSQL DB
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and be able to articulate complex technical concepts in an approachable way for broad audiences.
- Demonstrated high level design of systems
- Solid experience in large scale distributed systems and event-driven architecture.
- Nice to Have - GraphQL
- Have designed, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems on cloud at large scale
- Have experience with Azure Cloud Stack or other cloud stacks
- Have the knowledge of open-source libraries, design patterns and micro-service architecture. Familiarity with CI/CD and unit testing
- Have the knowledge of Kubernetes and other CNCF tools
- Have been mentoring other team members
- High expectations of yourself for innovation, execution and accuracy
- Lead others with respect
- Are curious and have the desire to learn
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area
Primary Location...608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.