(USA) Director, Automation Engineering - Merchandising Operations (Food)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1545879
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance, and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
About the Team
The Director, Automation Engineering (Merchandising Support, Food) is a leader on our Store Automation and Innovation team. The purpose of this role is to lead the adoption of new and emerging technologies and drive innovation through change management.
This role will be based in Bentonville, Arkansas and will report to the Senior Director, Store Innovation & Automation.
What you’ll do….
- Lead an organization that supports feedback loop that includes Discover, Decide, Act, and Optimize solutions for Store Innovation and Automation
- Direct change initiatives through identifying and defining desired change and process, validating value and priority, driving project plans to implement processes, and assess readiness for change and adjust approach as necessary
- Oversee the development and implementation of process improvements to improve business results through execution of multiple projects, direction consultation with leadership, leveraging customer and operational needs, and benchmarking competitor programs
- Direct the development, prioritization, and execution of multi-signal activation
- Make data driven product decisions, specifically surrounding product and feature analytics; data analysis tools and techniques; research for analysis activities; documentation procedures; and modern industry practices and emerging trends
- Own roadmaps of multiple complex product lines/product families and work with leadership to ensure alignment with the overall business strategy
- Influence and build stakeholder consensus and serve as a trusted advisor to diverse stakeholders on product/technology matters
- Lead the adoption of new and emerging technologies through assessment, research, and collaboration with engineering managers and team members
- Drive innovation on packaging designs, supplier partnerships, technologies to enable the best customer experience and EDLC business model
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Previous retail experience on multi-signal (such as RFID and computer vision, etc.)
- Previous merchandising or supplier management experience
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 5 years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 7
years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Doctorate: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.