Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Associate Merchant (HO) - Pets (Cat Treats)
Associate Merchant (HO) - Pets (Cat Treats)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1513530
What you'll do...
Associate Merchant - Pets (Cat Treats)
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. As an Associate Merchant, you’ll serve as an advocate for our customers and see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. Part visionary and part strategist, you’ll be the expert for your category and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You can demonstrate professional judgement throughout your recommendations, decisions, priority-setting, and analysis of improvement opportunities
- You are focused on execution and results as showcased by your pursuit of achieving performance objectives
- You are always planning for and improving performance
- You are adaptable professionally, demonstrating creativity and strength in the face of challenges
- You are skilled in building relationships that are trusting, collaborative, cross-functionally
You’ll make an impact by:
- Setting the category strategy: you’ll establish strategy, manage budgets to drive profitable growth, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience
- Building relationships: you’ll use your influencing and leadership skills to build partnerships with suppliers, vendors, business partners and other Associate Merchants
- Making decisions: you’ll make decisions about nearly every aspect of your products including replenishment, supply chain, manufacturers, store operations, planning, assortment, layouts, budgets, modular, and pricing
- Designing, developing, and launching products: you’ll work with our Product Development and Sourcing team to create new products for Private Brands
- Knowing your category: you’ll know your customers and supplier better than anyone and are always thinking about what is next for your business
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree OR 2 years’ experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Microsoft Office, Negotiating with third-party suppliers, Pricing, site merchandising, planning or inventory, or related area Bachelors: Business, Bachelors: Merchandising
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."— Hannah, Sourcing Manager
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?