Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Data Analyst III
Data Analyst III
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1466182
What you'll do...
About the team:
A centralized team of global mobility experts supporting talent relocation for thousands of associates in the US and across 18 countries Internationally.
About the role:
The Data Analyst III role is responsible to deliver insightful, actionable, and science-based analyses that improve decision making across people products and leadership. The Data Analyst is responsible to provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis that empower our internal customers to make data-driven decisions. Data Analysts are reporting subject matter experts that manage ad-hoc data requests and non-scaled reporting solutions, including conducting report refreshes, executing report change requests, and managing ad-hoc data requests end-to-end. The Data Analyst partners with the Business Owners to identify and scale customer needs that enrich scaled BI offerings and reduce the recurring ad-hoc requests.
- Understand reporting user personas, decisions, and pain points and provide holistic reporting solutions.
- Ensure data accuracy across all deliverables; understand business processes and alignment to improve data quality.
- Deliver reports and data requests in timely manner aligned to established SLA’s; improve and automate report solutions.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data to support customer requests.
- Drive consumption; provide training on report solutions to users.
- Partner with Report Owners and Product Manager to identify report solutions and improvements.
- Consult with customers to ensure we answer the right questions; participate in scoping, planning, and design of reporting projects.
- Develop analysis plans and implement appropriate modeling techniques to answer complex business questions.
- Interpret data and communicate complex findings to customers (leaders in HR and across the business)
- Deliver insightful and actionable recommendations; build effective relationships to influence leaders to act on the results.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Understanding Business Context: Requires knowledge of Industry and environmental factors; Common business vernacular; Business practices across two or more domains such as product, finance, marketing, sales, technology, business systems, and human resources and in-depth knowledge of related practices; Directly relevant business metrics and business areas. To Provide recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develop business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translate business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy and develops domain specific artifact. Serve as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Identify and recommend relevant business insights pertaining to their area of work.
Data Source Identification:
- Requires knowledge of Functional business domain and scenarios; Categories of data and where it is held; Business data requirements; Database technologies and distributed datastores (e.g., SQL, NoSQL); Data Quality; Existing business systems and processes, including the key drivers and measures of success.
- To support the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Help identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Perform initial data quality checks on extracted data.
Tech. Problem Formulation:
- Requires knowledge of Analytics/big data analytics / automation techniques and methods; Business understanding; Precedence and use cases; Business requirements and insights.
- To translate/ co-own business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identify appropriate methods/tools to be leveraged to provide a solution for the problem. Share use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.
- Understanding Business Context: Requires knowledge of Industry and environmental factors; Common business vernacular; Business practices across two or more domains such as product, finance, marketing, sales, technology, business systems, and human resources and in-depth knowledge of related practices; Directly relevant business metrics and business areas. To evaluate proposed business cases for projects and initiatives.
- Translate business requirements into strategies, initiatives, and projects and aligns them to business strategy and objectives and drives the execution of deliverables. Build and articulate the business case and return on investment and delivers work that has demonstrable value. Challenge business assumptions on topics related to one's domain expertise.
- Mentor the team members on new business insights and allied developments.
- Proactively engage in the external community to build Walmart's brand and learn more about industry practices.
- Requires knowledge of Visualization guidelines and best practices for complex data types; Multiple data visualization tools (for example, Python, R libraries, GGplot, Matplotlib, Ploty, Tableau, PowerBI etc.); Advanced visualization techniques/ tools; Multiple story plots and structures (OABCDE); Communication & influencing technique; Emotional intelligence.
- To identify and recommend the most suitable visualization tools based on context. Generate appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes.
- Understand customer requirements to design appropriate data representation for complex data sets and drive User Experience designers and User Interface engineers to build front end applications.
- Define application design based on customer requirements. Build compelling stories based on context to integrate multiple pieces of information into cohesive insights.
- Present to and influence diverse audiences using the appropriate data visualization frameworks and conveys clear messages through deep business and stakeholder understanding.
- Customize communication style based on stakeholders and leverages relationships to drive behavioral change. Guide and mentor junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Requires knowledge of relevant Knowledge Discovery in Data (KDD) tools, applications, or scripting languages such as SQL, Oracle, Apache Mahout, MS Excel, Python; Statistical techniques (for example, mean, mode, median, variance, standard deviation, correlation, and sorting and grouping); Research analysis standards and activities; Documentation procedures such as drafting, editing, Bibliography format; Relevant Knowledge Discovery in Data (KDD) tools, applications, or scripting languages such as SQL, DB, SAS, Oracle, Apache Mahout, MS Excel, Python; KDD industry best practices and emerging trends.
- To promote the value of Knowledge Discovery in Data (KDD) for business managers. Identify and applies suitable KDD tool basis business requirement. Guide junior team members on tools and techniques.
- Stay abreast of best practices in KDD techniques. Test and evaluate multiple solutions, methods, and models to determine accuracy, validity, and applicability. Establish standards for application and interpretation of statistical data.
- Conduct statistical experiments (for example hypothesis tests, confidence intervals) and builds statistical models using packages like Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS).
- Design, write, and publish numerous research documents on diverse topics. Consult on complex situations to test hypotheses, anticipate pitfalls, prevent false conclusions, and advise others on avoiding them.
- Provide insights to the business based on research findings.
- Requires knowledge of understanding of business value and relevance of data and data enabled insights / decisions; Appropriate application and understanding of data ecosystem including Data Management, Data Quality Standards and Data Governance, Accessibility, Storage and Scalability, etc.; Understanding of the methods and applications that unlock the monetary value of data assets.
- To Understand, articulate, interpret, and apply the principles of the defined strategy to unique, moderately complex business problems that may span one or main functions or domains.
Data Quality Management:
- Requires knowledge of Data quality management techniques and standards; Business metadata definitions and content data definitions; Data profiling tools, data cleansing tools, data integration tools, and issues and event management tools; Understanding of user's data consumption, data needs, and business implications; Data modeling, storage, integration, and warehousing; Data quality framework and metrics; User access best practices; Enterprise data architecture, modeling and design, storage, integration, and warehousing; Enterprise data quality framework and metrics; Enterprise data strategy; Enterprise data quality strategy; Enterprise strategy to address regulatory and ethical requirements and policies around data privacy, security, storage, retention, and documentation.
- To promote and educate others on data quality awareness. Profile, analyze, and assess data quality. Test and validate data quality requirements.
- Continuously measure and monitor data quality. Deliver against data quality service level agreements. Manage operational Data Quality Management procedures. Manage data quality issues and leads data cleansing activities to remove data quality defects, improve data quality, and eliminate unused data.
- Determine user accessibility and removes or restricts user access as needed. Interpret company and regulatory policies on data. Educate others on data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; accordingly, developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 1 year's
experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: 3 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
Primary Location...508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."— Shelby, Project Analyst
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?