Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Software Engineer - Test Automation
Senior Software Engineer - Test Automation
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1465388
What you'll do...
The Health Horizontal Infrastructure team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to focus on Automated Testing and Tooling. You will have experience in Java, Spring Boot, DevOps, CICD, Automated Testing, and Large-Scale Systems. You will focus on improving the testing and processes within the team. As we move toward a DevOps heavy process and organizational structure, proper testing and tools are important for us to achieve true CICD.
About NewBETs Health and Wellness:
Our team is focused on developing a streamlined company that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and Associate Digital Experience (ADE). We also provide a variety of services such as procurement, supplier portfolio management, merchandising master data, and analytics. From developing HR chatbots and virtual assistants to creating invoice solutions and facilitating legal changes, we help guide efficiency across Walmart globally. Walmart Global Tech’s NewBETs Health and Wellness Data organization is a driving force behind our technology strategy across the Pharmacy, Vision, Omnichannel, and Digital lines of business in healthcare. We are working to bring empirical data into every conversation and to create common system infrastructures to consolidate system designs and create efficiencies around data-centric processes. We are a progressive technology group working in an Agile environment that is looking for technologists who want to solve complex, high-scale business problems. We are looking for leader with a technical background, experience leading engineers, and strong ownership.
What you'll do:
Lead medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, gathering requested information, writing, and developing code, conducting unit testing. Communicating status and issues to team members and partners.
- Work in a Java service environment building tools to create efficiencies in automation testing.
- Create team technology and process standards.
- Write automated tests to ensure error-free code and performance. All technical members of the team write automated tests, but you will lead the direction and strategy for that work.
- Either individually or leading a team of resources, determines hardware/software systems requirements and leads systems hardware/software design. Analyze, designs, programs, debugs, support, and modify software enhancements and new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May work with users to define system requirements or necessary modifications.
What you'll bring:
- 6 plus years of software development with automated testing and DevOps Experience.
- Knowledge in deployment automation tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Nomad, etc.)
- Knowledge in Distributed Systems and the challenges that come with them
- Knowledge of testing technologies, patterns, and strategies.
- Java language skills
- Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit, Cucumber, Karate, or similar) and concepts (CHO, Integration, Unit, etc. )
- Experience with Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
- Experience Designing, Scoping, and Building large projects
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and lead the next retail change. People are why we improve, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered.
We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity and those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new experience for virtually every industry, or use your expertise to change at scale millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond a great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 1 year's experience in software engineering or related area.
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?