Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1458477
What you'll do...
The Me@Campus Core teams are responsible for the centralized platforms and processes leveraged by the Me@Campus mobile and desktop applications; a single, integrated experience for our campus-based associates. The Core Platforms team is responsible for all core services and integrations leveraged by the Me@Campus mobile and desktop core applications. This responsibility includes a wide variety of different technologies in the areas of application development, deployment, infrastructure management, observability and telemetry, performance testing, many more.
About Team: EBS - Me@Campus
The Me@Campus core team is responsible for providing a robust framework for the delivery of integrated experiences to campus-based associates through the multiple modalities. This framework consists of two Super/Composite Apps (mobile and web) which provide core capabilities like AuthN/AuthZ, navigation, notifications, etc.; all supporting integrations and backend services to support these Super Apps; a number of standard mini apps within both super apps; and a consolidated quality engineering team responsible for enforcement of best practices regarding all manner of testing and policy compliance.
What you'll do:
- Technical architecture and various design patterns
- Strong thought leadership and collaboration skills
- Extensive experience with multiple technologies like k8s, Cosmos, Kafka, Apple/Play/AppCenter distribution with fastlane, Prometheus with Grafana, Splunk, NodeJS with Typescript, NestJS, Jmeter
- Ability to decompose business/technical requirements in to discrete bodies of work to be delivered in an agile fashion adhering to best practices in terms of low maintainability, high availability, and high scalability and ensuring proper alignment with security, telemetry, and testing policies
What you'll bring:
- Background in application development and infrastructure management who also has experience with Site Reliability Engineering.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying microservices.
- Coordinating and collaborating work with other engineering teams to accomplish required integrations between Me@Campus and various other systems.
- Coordinating and leading SRE work as part of a hub-and-spoke model where we're the hub and need to ensure all the spokes are meeting our requirements..
- Helping to defined bodies of work, assisting, and mentoring other members of the team to accomplish their daily tasks.
- Works well with a team.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 1 year's experience in software engineering or related area.
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?