Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Staff Automation Engineer
Staff Automation Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1470118
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money, so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can’t do that without the best talent – talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
This role is part of the Ambient Innovation & Automation team and reports to the Director, Automation Engineering. The role is preferably based in Bentonville, Arkansas, but can be somewhat flexible depending on requested location (ideally near major airport) and is expected to travel 30% of the time.
What you’ll do…
- Influence end-to-end automation strategies including but not limited to channel alignment, upstream labeling, inventory ordering, automation eligibility, and fulfillment trusted seller program decisions.
- Develop future automation capability roadmap by combining network capacity and labor models with emerging tech roadmaps.
- Define strategy and develop business cases for sustainability initiatives across first mile assets.
- Assist with creation of Description of Operations, Material Flow, and CPCS models across various networks.
- Partner with Legal, Procurement, and other stakeholders to develop and negotiate MHE vendor contracts.
- Support business case evaluations, slide development, and capital approval requests to executive leadership.
What you’ll bring…
- Meeting the minimum education and experience requirements
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence effectively – confidence, credibility, and concise, organized thoughts
- The ability to partner and collaborate while establishing credibility, analyzing stakeholder needs, and responding effectively and efficiently
- Demonstratable business acumen and ownership of project activity
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- You have experience in automation process design, integration of new technologies/innovative solutions, defining strategies and roadmaps for sustainability initiatives, and cross functional team collaboration.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy, and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 3 years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 5
years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?