- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1482204
What you'll do...
What you'll do:
- Leveraging design best practices when creating user flows, mockups, prototypes, workshop documents, and hand-off files
- Using various communication methods to convey data-driven design decisions, document design engagements, share information, and work towards alignment and mutual understanding
- Defining vision and strategies for each project through domain expertise, internal and external best practices, and by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing design efforts, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Building a team environment by collaborating closely within our team and cross-functionally with our partners across the business
- Mentoring Senior Designers, Associate Designers, Designers and Apprentice Designers in UX/UI design methodology and principles as well as providing guidance on project-based design tasks
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5-7 years industry/related experience
- OR Master’s Degree and 4 years industry/related experience
- OR 8 years industry/related experience
- OR UX certification (example: Nielson Norman) and 6 years industry/related experience
- Experience creating and handing off designs in design software (Figma preferred).
- Experience designing for mobile.
- Strong ability to communicate UX design decisions and UX best practices
- Experience working with multiple team members and stakeholders (business, product, engineering)
- Be knowledgeable of current ADA/inclusivity standards and able to apply them.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in UI/UX design, graphic design, visual communication, product design, computer science, information technology, or related area and 4 years’ experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area. Option 2: 6 years’ experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Design certification (for example, IDEOU - Foundations in Design Thinking Certificate), Driving product development in a user experience area, Master's degree in UI/UX Design, Interactive and Visual Design, Product Design, or related area, Related industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), UI/UX, Interactive and Visual Design, Electronics Art, Multimedia Design, or related area
Primary Location...508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.