Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Software Engineer II
(USA) Software Engineer II
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1453128
What you'll do...
In Walmart Global Tech, our Enterprise Business Services (EBS) organization is invested in building a compact, robust organization that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and Associate Digital Experience. Our mission within EBS is to enable Walmart's Global Enterprise to spend smartly, act digitally and build trust with associates and shareholders.
As part of the Indirect Procurement Technology, you will build industry defining reusable associate and supplier facing services and products to drive differentiated experiences and cost savings. You will be in the unique position to be of service to both our associates and suppliers as a member of this organization supporting all segments of Walmart. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion for technology, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team - then our position could be for you. You will have access to the best and latest tools to facilitate in-person and remote teams, and you will work daily with our international market product, engineering and business teams in the US, Canada, Mexico, Central America, Chile, China, and India. Innovating on the world’s largest stage, you’ll deliver customer-centric solutions for some of our most strategic initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Design, Developing and enhancing applications.
- Being hands-on in analyzing, coding, and recommending solutions to the stakeholders on how to best leverage the platform.
- You will have day-to-day responsibility for development and deployment of complex technical objects around the world.
- Analyze, design, develop in open-source technology.
- You’ll manage the progress of the technical objects in a project and adapt as risks and issues arise.
- Your role will require clear communication on all potential and current project technical issues and provide future proof solutions.
- Additional responsibilities include evaluating application performance for efficiency and effectiveness.
What you'll bring:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly Skilled in hands on development, objective analysis and recommendations
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in an Agile environment.
- Experience in open source technology both front end and back end.
- Tech skills - React, NodeJS, SAP UI5.
- Good understanding of Databases.
- Cloud platform understanding of Kubernetes, Docker, KITT, Helm chart, Github
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area.Option 2: 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certification in Security+, Network+, GISF, or GSEC
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?