Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Automation Engineer
(USA) Senior Automation Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1472648
What you'll do...
Walmart is building the Supply Chain of the future that will achieve success through innovative, driven and dynamic engineers who will leverage their expertise around automation, engineering and retail to design and implement market changing capabilities for our distribution, fulfilment, and retail centers. Does this sound like you? If so read on to see how you might impact the world's largest retailer.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a solid engineering contributor with an excitement for adapting and integrating new automated systems in a retail setting.
- You have a hands-on engineering experience and you're comfortable influencing others, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly.
- Experience adapting automation to retail distribution or fulfillment applications.
- Background in facility and/or process design leading to large scale implementation.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Defining vision and strategies for automation technologies using internal and external requirements, building business cases, and knowledgeable enough to provide design solutions to implementation issues
- Integrating large-scale new automation technology for brownfield retail sites to enhance operational efficiencies, OEE, and increase productivity.
- Implementing efficiencies and best practices in automation and operations to help speed the delivery and quality of products
- Growing, influencing, and managing high-visibility key relationships.
What you will need:
- Degreed with a minimum of a Bachelor’s in Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in automation design and implementation. Strongly prefer a retail or distribution centered experience.
- Advanced usage of SQL and presentation software to manipulate and present data
- Understanding algorithms, processes, and technology to recommend and implement next step solutions.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 2 years’ experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area. Option 2: 4 years’
experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...1703 E CENTRAL AVE, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-5523, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?