Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Director II, Creative - Storytelling
(USA) Senior Director II, Creative - Storytelling
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1487383
What you'll do...
Sr. Director II, Creative Storytelling
About Walmart Creative Studio
The Walmart Creative Studio is the in-house creative agency for Walmart.
Our team develops breakthrough and distinctive design systems and creative conversations that drive business objectives and keep our Fortune #1 brand in the culture. We use creativity and design to win hearts, minds and wallets.
We are uniquely positioned as the internal creative agency of record to be hyper-focused on the customer experience across all channels, categories, and campaigns. We are ruthlessly focused on human truths, insight-driven creative strategies and integrated creative solutions that build the brand and grow the business – not just with ads but through brand acts and experiences.
We value talent, diversity, innovation, curiosity, collaboration, culture, insights, and results, and we are committed to helping people – all people – live better.
About Walmart Marketing
Named Ad Age’s Marketer of the Year in 2022, you’ll join an internationally recognized team of thinkers, creators, and problem solvers passionate about helping people save money and live better.
Walmart Marketing is a dynamic, multidimensional organization dedicated to redefining how the world shops through impactful creative and fast-paced innovation – all grounded in customer insights and brand strategy. We live out our company values each day while striving to exceed customer expectations and drive growth for the company.
We orchestrate marketing campaigns and experiences that reach millions of daily shoppers. Our work spans the digital and physical spaces and combines the work of numerous internal teams and external advertising and media agencies. Our teams work together to show our customers how they can save money and live better. If you are motivated by complex challenges and want to build the future of commerce and consumer services, a Marketing role at Walmart could be what you’ve been looking for.
You will make an impact by:
- Lead the voice of the Walmart brand across all channels, creating distinctive, relevant, and timely stories that are unified and recognizable as our brand
- Act as a key creative leader and trusted thought partner to cross-functional associates in Marketing, Merchandising, and across the broader enterprise
- Grow a culture of inclusivity and teamwork, where the craft of writing is elevated, and our tone of voice is viewed as a core component of the Walmart brand expression
- Develop talent, providing coaching and direction to deliver excellence in all aspects of our writing, from the concept development to item level copy on Walmart.com
- Build relationships with key agency partners and actively participate in regular reviews of campaign creative
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have previous experience building in-house creative teams
- You enjoy working in a dynamic, fasted paced, start-up environment
- You operate with customer centricity at the forefront
- You maintain a high attention to detail while operating with a sense of urgency
- BA/BS in Marketing, Advertising, Creative Writing, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 12+ years of experience in Marketing, Advertising or Retail
- 10+ years of experience leading creative teams
- Strong organizational skills, a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and the ability to lead projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter.
How you’ll thrive at Walmart:
- Performance-based incentive awards
- 401k with company match
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave,
- New surrogacy & adoption benefits
- Unlimited Flex Time Off
- Working alongside a diverse group of collaborative and innovative team members
- Opportunity for growth and development across several areas of the Fortune 1 organization
- And much more
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 8 years' experience leading creative teams OR 10 years’ experience leading creative teams.
8 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Managing Brand Initiatives for Product Launches, Managing Budgets, Including Budget Forecasting and Reporting Financials, Managing cross-functional teams in a retail creative environment, Managing large scale interactive campaigns in an online creative or related digital field, Managing Vendor Contracts and Relationships, Working for or with creative agencies
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?