Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Associate Director, Marketing Planning And Strategy- Hardlines, Back to School
(USA) Associate Director, Marketing Planning And S...
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1481738
What you'll do...
The Associate Director of Seasonal marketing is one of the essential leaders in the marketing organization that will help create & support the vision for how Walmart goes to market with Seasonal moments that bring our brand promise to life – through strategic thinking, creative actions & never been done before campaign opportunities- with a keen eye to driving the businesses that allow it to come to life.
About Walmart Marketing
Named Ad Age’s Marketer of the Year in 2022, you’ll join an internationally recognized team of thinkers, creators, and problem solvers passionate about helping people save money and live better.
Walmart Marketing is a dynamic, multidimensional organization dedicated to redefining how the world shops through impactful creative and fast-paced innovation – all grounded in customer insights and brand strategy. We live out our company values each day while striving to exceed customer expectations and drive growth for the company.
We orchestrate marketing campaigns and experiences that reach millions of daily shoppers. Our work spans the digital and physical spaces and combines the work of numerous internal teams and external advertising and media agencies. Our teams work together to show our customers how they can save money and live better. If you are motivated by complex challenges and want to build the future of commerce and consumer services, a Marketing role at Walmart could be what you’ve been looking for.
Our Marketing team has flexibility- We’re currently operating 3 days in the office per week.
You will make an impact by:
- Campaign strategy: Craft Walmart's Back to School marketing strategy and brief, as the expert in School and Office businesses throughout the year
- Partnership and Collaboration: Partner with merchandising/buyers, tech teams, customer science & marketing leads to develop and execute actionable customer propositions that lead the market and drive business growth.
- Integrated Marketing Planning & Implementation: Lead holistic customer messaging plans with agencies, media and creative partners to integrate stories into content plans- bringing them to life across a full funnel marketing approach- ensuring continuity between content and customer experience.
- Measurement: Supports weekly analytics reviews (in collaboration with analytics partners) and actions on optimizations to improve campaign and business performance.
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are customer and data obsessed. You think it’s fun to translate complex data and research into insights that speak to customers’ lives.
- You enjoy crafting incredible creative brief and content plans to power creative and media strategies that are inspiring and motivating for a customer.
- Working cross-functionally and being part of a team makes you feel energized and fuels your best ideas.
- You’re organized, disciplined, and know how to guide a strategy all the way through to meaningful results for the customer and our business.
- You have high standards and help encourage excellence across your peers and partners
- You have a passion for the customer journey. You are constantly thinking about ways to improve their shopping experience online and off.
- MBA in Business, Marketing or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years of experience in Strategic development or in a strategic capacity
- 5+ years of experience leading cross functional teams and influencing Cross functional partners like Merchandising, Creative, Media, Insights
- 2+ years of experience in Retail Analytics, Digital Analytics, or eCommerce Analytics
- Strong organizational skills, a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and the ability to lead projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter
- Leading cross-functional projects, Marketing or related field, Supervisory experience
How you’ll thrive at Walmart:
- Performance-based incentive awards
- 401k with company match
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave
- New surrogacy & adoption benefits
- Unlimited Flex Time Off
- Working alongside a diverse group of collaborative and innovative team members
- Opportunity for growth and development across several areas of the Fortune 1 organization
- And much more
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 3 years' experience in marketing or related field OR 7 years'
experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional projects, Marketing or related field, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?