Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER II - Strategic Program Management
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER II - Strategic Program Mana...
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1478257
What you'll do...
Do you want to build the Supply Chain of the future? Then look no further than Walmart, the largest retailer that combines the energy of a start up with the power of a Fortune one company. As the Senior Manager II, Strategic Program Management, you will manage projects across the Supply Chain network. This position will collaborate with many cross-functional teams, including engineering, real estate, and construction, and be responsible for overall capital assets.
You’ll knock us off our feet if you…
- Have a background in construction, automation, capital asset management, or engineering
- Have end to end program and project management of large-scale capital projects
- Are able to influence and collaborate cross functionally
- Can lead and present to internal and external customers
- Understand building infrastructure and material handling solutions, robotics, and automation
- You have experience managing and analyzing program budgets (large scale construction projects)
- You’re organized and love creating processes and ways of working to help others be more organized and connected in their work
- Are proficient with MS Projects, Excel, and PowerPoint
What you’ll do:
- Provide key Strategic Program support to the Walmart US Supply Chain, including the approval, development, and deployment of new supply chain assets.
- Align multiple cross-functional working teams around the strategy and business requirements for new assets. Oversees the program management of new assets from approval, launch, and through operational acceptance.
- Manage detailed long-range plans, and project budgets and schedules to ensure governance, key milestones, and business requirements are delivered according to plan.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans to ensure overall strategic programs deliver expected results.
- Improve existing and develop new processes for the end-to-end deployment of new supply chain assets.
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- PMP or 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience with data/financial analytics
- Background in construction or automation is a plus
- PMO experience
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture holds oneself and others accountable and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members builds a high-performing team embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 4 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations management, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations management, or related area. 2 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams. 3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Finance - Corporate, Preparing and executing budgets, Profit and Loss (P&L) Responsibility Masters: Business Administration Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow."— Diane, Project Manager
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?