Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Project Manager III, Event Operations - Event Solutions
(USA) Project Manager III, Event Operations - Even...
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1478985
What you'll do...
The Project Manager III, Event Operations (Producer-Event Solutions) is a strong leader, strategic thought-leader, and valued communicator, eager for the challenge of producing live and virtual meetings and events. Join the Event Solutions team at Walmart and make an impact not only on the future of retail, but on topics and issues the whole world is watching, like sustainability, disaster relief, hunger, and economic opportunity. The role supports all areas of the business within Walmart, Inc., including Walmart U.S., Sam’s Club, International, Corporate Affairs and more. No two days are alike in this fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You’ll be leading teams of internal and external event professionals to produce and execute meetings and events, reaching diverse audiences both internally and externally. The ability to think on your feet, pivot and problem-solve quickly, while remaining calm under pressure, are keys to success.
The Event Solutions team is comprised of a broad group of event experts, including producers, operational and logistics professionals, videographers/editors, technical directors, engineers and audio/visual specialists. The Event Solutions team members are movers and shakers. Come with the ability to handle yourself in challenging situations and in front of demanding clients and Executives. Bring your live event experience to the largest retailer in the world. Bring your ability to understand what your clients want, with your expertise in turning their wants and your vision into a reality. Engage your analytical mind to identify the timelines and processes necessary to execute successfully and your attention to detail to ensure that nothing is overlooked and that everything is considered.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Producing large and complex shows and events in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
- Meeting with clients and fully understanding their wants and needs throughout the planning process of upcoming meetings and events
- Maintaining robust timelines and planning calendars to ensure flawless event execution
- Contracting third-party production companies to support live events and oversee the strategic planning for all Audio/Visual components of an event
- Communicating all status updates, changes and pertinent details to cross-functional business partners
- Thinking of creative solutions for engaging and dynamic on-stage and on-screen presentations
- Managing all event assets and content (graphics, scripts, videos, etc.) through an organized approach of naming conventions and version control
- Creating event agendas/run of shows and content review/rehearsal schedules
- Facilitating on-site rehearsals, including suggested content edits, speaker presentation feedback and in-the-moment ideation
- Implementing, monitoring and enforcing pre-established event production budgets, making adjustments as needed and ensuring invoices are paid on time
- Ensuring that final content supports the original initiative and agreed upon message and purpose of the event
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re a storyteller, creative thinker and a visionary
- You have proven Executive presence
- You’re motivated by current and future trends in technology, entertainment and live event audience engagement
- You’re organized, disciplined and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re a master at making complex subjects easily understood through words and visuals
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
The Event Solutions team is focused on both traditional and new ways to reach audiences internally and externally through live shows, meetings and events. Team members work cross-functionally with every aspect of Walmart business, connecting with associates and audiences around the globe. Our team has the ability to influence and impact messaging from every leader in the company on a variety of topics, from recognition and opportunity to heath care and sustainability, from diversity and inclusion to community and social responsibility. We are a hard-working group that likes to collaborate and have fun, while achieving the goals and tasks set before us.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality, Communications, or related field and 2 years’ experience in communications, project management, event management, or relevant area OR 4 years’ experience in communications, project management, event management, or relevant area. 1 year’s supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Event Planning, Live Audio/Video Production, Supervising Associates
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow."— Diane, Project Manager
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?