Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Global Communications - Corporate Affairs
Senior Manager II, Global Communications - Corpora...
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1474478
What you'll do...
The Senior Manager II, Global Communications is a strategic thinker and communicator, thirsting for something new each day. Join the Global Communications team at Sam’s Club and make an impact not only on the future of retail, but on topics and issues the whole world is watching. This position is the Global Communications lead supporting Christopher Shryock, Chief People Officer at Sam’s Club, and the Sam’s Club People team and other People initiatives. The role will have you thinking on your feet every day, pivoting and multi-tasking fluidly. You’ll be leading 360 comms work, reaching diverse audiences both internally and externally. The ability to jump in with an executive presence and thought leadership is key.
The Global Communications team makes things happen. Come with an ability to identify problems and offer solutions — quickly, autonomously and with vast foresight. Bring your ability to see projects end to end and envision the full picture. Engage your analytical mind to find creative solutions to real issues. And ignite your communication skills to work collaboratively and sell big ideas.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Providing strategic counsel to senior leaders to support strategic initiatives and advance business priorities through communication.
- Developing and executing comprehensive media plans to strengthen Walmart’s reputation; understanding business and societal trends to identity proactive and reactive public relations opportunities; conducting media pitches; developing content for our Walmart’s owned channels; monitoring and analyzing media coverage; and identifying emerging digital and social media technologies to share our story externally.
- Assisting senior management by identifying and influencing key internal and external stakeholders; developing creative internal communication strategies and tactics to fuel our member-obsessed culture at Sam’s Club, telling stories about the endless career opportunities at Sam’s Club, and highlighting our amazing associates and how they are taking care of our members, each other and their communities.
- Serving as a company spokesperson and developing strong media relationships.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent communication and media relations, identify opportunities and support internal and external perception of Sam’s Club and the Sam’s People Team.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re a storyteller, creative thinker and a visionary.
- You’re organized, disciplined and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have experience supporting executive communications.
- You command strong executive presence, knowing when and how to advocate for the optimum strategy.
- You can evaluate data, identify trends and uncover new insights that improve communication campaigns.
- You’re a team player who quickly builds trust and consistently follows through.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
The Walmart Global Communications team is focused on both traditional and new ways to reach audiences internally and externally and shape the reputation of the brand. Team members work cross-functionally with every aspect of Walmart business, connecting with associates across the globe. The work goes beyond retail. Our team has the ability to influence and impact communities across the U.S. in areas ranging from healthcare to sustainability to inclusion and diversity. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and are a force for positive change.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related field and 4 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area OR 6 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area. 1 year’s supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising Associates
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?