Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Site Merchandising Specialist III (HO)
Site Merchandising Specialist III (HO)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1485762
What you'll do...
About Walmart Business
While it is important that Walmart continues to drive the day-to-day business and focuses on serving our customers today, it is also critical we are looking ahead to the customer and business needs of tomorrow. The Walmart Business team is a newly created group designed to do just that. This venture is a multi-billion-dollar opportunity rooted in leveraging existing Walmart assets, building new capabilities, and laying the groundwork for a sizeable new business serving businesses and eventually governments.
The organization is currently seeking a Specialist III – Site Merchandising to collaborate with the Senior Manager IIs on the site strategy, maintain the taxonomy, support site merchandising execution, and build a great end-to-end customer experience for a new ecommerce business opportunity. The candidate who fulfills this role will lead with an entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to operationalize strategy.
This team is being stood up now, and you can be a founding member to set the strategy, culture and working norms. It’s a unique chance to be an intrapreneur—building something new from the ground up, while backed by the strength of Walmart and leveraging the assets of the world’s largest omnichannel retailer.
What you’ll do:
As the Specialist III – Site Merchandising you will work closely with the ecommerce operations team to bring the assortment online for our new customer base. The position will be integral to our business strategy ensuring that decisions are customer centric and setting the path to bring the right merchandise to our customers in the right channels. You will support our visual merchandising, content strategy, campaign planning, and execution. You will be instrumental in figuring out how to leverage Walmart’s existing assets and capabilities in a way that’s additive to the enterprise as a whole and will distinguish our offer from competitors in the market. Collectively, we will create new revenue streams that have the potential for meaningful P&L contribution, and design our business to eventually integrate into Walmart’s ecosystem.
The individual in this capacity will have retail experience, an operational lens and focus, a strong relationship orientation, and an ability to tackle tough challenges and deliver results. They will have a proven record of success as it relates to translating operational concepts into scalable implementation and working collaboratively and cross-functionally to maximize growth and profitability. The individual in this capacity will operate at multiple levels—contributing to conceptual strategy development, and setting up on the ground capabilities to enable us to operationalize that strategy. They will enjoy working as a team in an unstructured environment to solve a variety of problems in creative ways, and be skilled at connecting dots and people to get things done. They will be energized by doing something new and difficult, and have the creativity and resilience to see it through.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Working effectively with our Product, Technology, Merchandising, MerchOps, eCommerce, Marketplace, and Supply Chain teams in your mission to enable internal capabilities to maximize results.
- Operating with agility while effectively leveraging corporate structure to achieve goals.
- Taking inventory of our foundational operational requirements and determining the assortment, delivery methods and services that we should build in-house, which we should outsource, and how to integrate with the broader Walmart organization for the MVP and longer term
- Anticipating and developing the next set of operational capabilities to improve our customer value proposition beyond the MVP
- Maintaining flexibility to pivot and deliver revenue as we learn new information, launch our MVP, and adjust to customers and the market
- Being part of an impactful team, one that is committed to developing innovative solutions, prioritizing the end user, operating with agility, and delivering scalable results.
- Gaining support from the broader Walmart enterprise by engaging with cross-functional teams, leadership, and key stakeholders.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You operate with customer centricity at the forefront and inspire others to do the same.
- You have strong new business development experience, bringing new ideas to life, and growing them from launch into the next phases.
- You have an analytical ability to synthesize information, triangulate findings, and create data-driven insights.
- You successfully achieve short, medium, and long-term results while keeping future possibilities top of mind.
- You develop an MVP that is innovative and sustainable and positions the organization as a strong contender in the B2B and B2G markets.
- You have strong people and communication skills to connect authentically with internal stakeholders, and external partners.
- You have excellent judgment and the ability to interface with and influence cross-functional team members.
- You are comfortable working in unstructured environments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Related area
Primary Location...2403 Se J St, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "— Scott, Senior Manager
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?