Manager, Omni Category Planning - Apparel
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1495097
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. In this role, you will be focused in on assessing business financial performance, forecasting, and influencing category modular and feature strategy and financial plans. You’ll be the expert for your category and leverage the scale of Walmart to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
What You'll do...
- Budgeting: Develops and makes recommendations on category and subcategory financial targets. Notate and convey business intelligence pertaining to future category performance. Builds budget information into the financial system for fiscal category budgets.
- Financial Updates and Reporting: Own monthly financial perspective for categories, highlighting business drivers, opportunities, key action plans, and timelines. Provides seasonal and event analysis and reporting for key timeframes.
- Assess Item-Level Performance: Performs all financial forecasting within categories using data-driven analytics, trend insights, and business intelligence to project future results. Partners with cross-functional team on inputs to forecast and shares output with team to drive alignment. Understands implications of trend to each metric, and is able to guide teammates on actions to improve results.
- Modular Strategy and Financials: Assesses item-level performance during line review process. Analyzes and challenges assumptions regarding performance expectations. Communicates the aggregate financial impact of planned assortment changes. Creates executive summary on expected financial results and present to leadership team. Conducts post-modular analysis to drive accountability to decisions and forecasts.
- Business Management Decision Support: Assess health of the business and seek root-cause of opportunities. Generate data-driven recommendations to improve customer and financial outcomes. Socialize findings and ideas to cross-functional team in order to steer decisions that impact the P&L.
You’ll make an impact through…
- Omni Channel Customer Focus: Consistently makes customer-centric recommendations and business decisions across scope of responsibility. Understands customer behavior across channels, or within relevant channels (for example, demand trends, buying behaviors, consumption patterns around SKUs). Anticipates customer trends and influences demand through deep understanding of customer needs and depth of category vision.
- Data and Digital Acumen: Leverages data analysis tools to explore multi-faceted financial data. Develops and tests hypotheses. Builds and presents insights using visualization tools to influence decisions and steer financial performance.
- Strategic Perspective: Leverages insights sourced from data, business intelligence and customer trends to influence strategic direction of category. Establish connection between qualitative strategy and quantitative impact. Share findings and perspective to relevant stakeholders to ensure informed decisions within scope of ownership
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and 2 years’ experience in retail, merchandising, forecasting, or related area. OR 4 years’ experience in retail, merchandising, forecasting, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Negotiating terms and costing, Retail Link, Supervisory Masters: Marketing
Primary Location...203 SE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.