Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Product Development - Sustainability
Senior Manager I, Product Development - Sustainabi...
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1452550
What you'll do...
Senior Manager I, Product Development – Sustainability
Hardlines, Entertainment, Toys, and Seasonal
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop guidelines and transparent processes to approve on product sustainability claims in accordance to industry accepted certifications and applicable regulations
- Support merchants and other cross functional teams to identify opportunities to improve products reducing waste, using recycled materials, design with recyclability in mind, avoid hazardous substances, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and set up processes that improve transparency, traceability and compliance.
- Manage relationships with certification bodies and 3rd party labs to ensure that our sustainability standards are up to date and compliant.
- Serve as a guide to suppliers in understanding and achieving Walmart’s sustainability goals, as well as our expectations relative to the offering of more sustainable products
- Work collaboratively with the packaging, technical, and product development teams to benchmark and leverage more sustainable materials across different departments and business units
- Work cross-functionally to set sustainability goals, accurately track performance for the business units you support, and deliver results
- Work closely with suppliers, responsible sourcing, product safety and compliance, and quality teams to promote traceability, transparency, product performance, and compliance
- Actively participate in industry association committees, seminars and discussions to anticipate to trends and keep Walmart’s sustainability initiatives relevant
- Work collaboratively with NGOs, Foundations, and startups to constantly bring product innovation
- Monitor Commodity costs of materials and keep cross functional teams informed about trends in the market as you propose more sustainable options
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have hands on experience in sustainability, raw materials, manufacturing, and product development of private branded products
- You have in depth knowledge of products in the categories of hardlines, entertainment, toys and seasonal
- You work collaboratively to understand your customer’s needs and execute accordingly
- You have a network of sustainable materials suppliers in the industry
- You have a competitive spirit of being in front of trend and innovation
- You are comfortable being a subject matter expert, providing technical advice to others
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You have a passion for developing products and processes that are friendly to the environment and people.
- You are a strong influencer and problem solver who enjoys working with cross functional partners who also have a key role to play in your Product Development – sustainability process
- You enjoy learning about the latest trends, products, innovation, and your market
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition
You’ll make an impact by:
- Collaborating to assist in setting the sustainability strategy for Private Brands: you’ll assist with strategy development, through deep customer understanding, market trends and industry knowledge.
- Building relationships: you’ll use your influencing and leadership skills to build partnerships with suppliers, merchants, business partners, industry associations, and other Private Brand team members.
- Influence decisions: you’ll collaborate with merchants to influence decisions about the development of more sustainable products, raw materials selection, and evaluation of supplier performance in terms of regeneration.
- Delivering on Key Business metrics: You’ll work with cross functional teams to deliver progress to goals in all sustainability metrics related to your business units and the overall company.
- Knowing your category: You’ll know your private brand customers and suppliers better than anyone and are always thinking about what is next for your business.
- Quality: Quality will be a constant area of focus, both in continuous improvement but also in maintain business required systems and protocols.
- Sustainability. You will be the advocate of all sustainability initiatives in your areas of responsibility and will influence in the development of more sustainable products supporting people, communities, and the planet.
Qualifications & Core Competencies
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in environmental science, engineering, or related field
- Experience of at least 5 years working in sustainability initiatives, project management, technical and quality, product safety and compliance, or strategic initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field and 3 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Financial Modeling and Analysis, Microsoft Office, Product Development, Programming Language - VBA, Project Management, Statistical Programming Language - Structured Query Language (SQL) Masters, Masters: Arts Lean Six Sigma Champion Certification - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...203 SE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "— Scott, Senior Manager
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?