Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Mergers And Acquisitions
Director, Mergers And Acquisitions
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1445059
What you'll do...
Director, Corporate Development and M&A
Walmart is seeking a Director, Corporate Development/M&A, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Corporate Development. The position offers the opportunity to join Walmart’s Corporate Development team, which leads the evaluation and execution of all elements of Walmart’s inorganic growth. The Corporate Development team is responsible for all equity-related transactions, including acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures, and other forms of structured partnerships.
As a Director, Corporate Development you will partner with senior leaders across all business units and geographies throughout the Walmart organization, including Walmart US, Sam’s Club, and Walmart International, to develop M&A strategy and identify, assess, and execute acquisitions and investments.
You will be the “deal lead” for all elements of the M&A process, including closely engaging with senior leaders across various Walmart businesses and functions and many other stakeholders and participants both internally and externally. You will be a central leader in driving a key area of strategic growth for Walmart!
This exciting position is available at our main corporate offices in Bentonville, Arkansas! We have excellent relocation packages that are customizable to fit your specific needs! For more information about the Bentonville area, please visit: http://bit.ly/40pRCwp
BENEFITS & PERKS
Beyond an excellent compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance! Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, Flex Time Off, multiple health plans, and much more!
- Partner with other members of Walmart’s Corporate Development/Mergers and Acquisitions team to evaluate and execute acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures, and other equity-related transactions across all of Walmart’s geographies and businesses, including Walmart US, Sam’s Club and Walmart International.
- Collaborate with business partners across Walmart to develop M&A strategy, identify and assess potential acquisition/investment candidates, and drive influence throughout the business units.
- Lead all transaction-related financial modeling and valuation and analyze and recommend optimal transaction structures.
- Create presentations that outline strategic tradeoffs and drive executive decision making.
- Lead due diligence activities related to domestic and international M&A projects across multiple, cross-functional teams.
- Mentor and support junior deal team members who assist with sourcing/market research, financial modeling, and diligence.
- Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics.
- End-to-end execution and management of complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively across all levels and teams across the organization.
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting, financial and operational metrics.
- Strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication, judgment, maturity, and experience working with executives.
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and accountable.
- About 10+ years of experience in corporate finance roles including but not limited to Corporate Development, Private Equity/Venture Capital, or Investment Banking.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience in leading and negotiating deals and leading deal teams.
- Demonstrated success in prior roles in their career.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice.
We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, International Business, or a related field and 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or a related area OR 7 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or a related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project Management Masters
Primary Location...601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?