Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CYBERSECURITY
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CYBERSECURITY
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Cybersecurity
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1434800
What you'll do...
IDA is looking for a Principal software engineer (full stack), who has a passion for developing products and services for our Risk and Compliance area. Ideal candidates should have strong background in technology and security awareness. Some of the core technology experiences for this role would be to have a good full stack development experience as well as in its operations.
About Team: Decision Automation
At Walmart, we prioritize innovation and data security. Our team is dedicated to maintaining a secure operating environment and preserving the trust of our customers, associates, and stakeholders. We combine a range of services and expertise to prevent fraud, detect threats, and manage digital risk and access. Our focus is on mitigating attack risks, securing cloud transformation, and fostering a culture of security and reliability within our team. The InfoSec Decision Automation (IDA) team delivers advanced, data-driven services to enable scalable, risk-based vulnerability management for Walmart.
What you'll do:
- Design and Develop REST APIs and Microservices for our Risk and Compliance functional area.
- Design and Develop data models both in SQL (MS SQL) and NoSQL ( Cassandra, Graph DB)
- Develop solutions, frameworks, and tools for Risk and Compliance Domain (Vulnerability management, Compliance Reporting – PCI & SOX, Risk Management, and measurement) in the enterprise.
- Work across the entire vulnerability management ecosystem to manage effective and efficient data flow and exchange.
- You will work with security engineers, infrastructure teams, external teams, and partners in an agile manner to build and release product features that caters to business requirements.
- Use your knowledge of applicable technology stacks and platforms to automate Vulnerability management, Compliance Reporting – PCI & SOX, Risk Management, and measurement
- You’ll work to design and architect solutions to remove performance impacting barriers and increasing efficiency of our automation operations. You will be building tools, Portals, Rest APIs and apply your full stack knowledge as part of your solutions.
- Create proof of concepts, prototyping and experimentation.
- Work on Third party products and custom frameworks in managing vulnerabilities for the enterprise
- Responsible for operations, monitoring and upkeeping of the hosted services, products, reports, and analytics
What you'll bring:
- As a full stack engineer, experience in building scalable, resilient, secure enterprise application platforms using microservices, APIs, frontend, and backend technologies.
- Working experience in programming language such as Java, Python, JS and frameworks/libraries such as Spring, Node.js, React, Angular etc.
- Experience in creating user interfaces using HTML 5 coding, CSS libraries like Bootstrap.
- Working experience in Cloud solutions and platforms, CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge of triaging and fixing bugs in a microservice, n tier architecture and in big data platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages or technologies.
- Flexibility in adopting to new areas of work, domain, and technical competencies.
- Awareness about information security domains, vulnerabilities, threats, and exploits.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities.
Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years' experience in information technology within the past
10 years OR 7 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), and/or Security+ certification, Leading Technical Team, Mainframe Technology, Professional certification in information technology relevant to the job under consideration (for example, Java, C/C++, mainframe technologies, SAP, Microsoft .Net, business intelligence tools, SQL technology), Programming language or languages (for example, Java, C/C++, .NET, Rexx, Cobol, Powershell), SAP, SQL technology, Version control software (for example, Subversion, Git, Librarian)
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?