Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Talent Management
Senior Manager I, Talent Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1436725
What you'll do...
About the Team/Position
The Leadership Assessment Team is focused on providing objective, data-based assessment insights for the selection, promotion, and development of our leaders. We sit within the Associate Learning and Leadership Center of Excellence (CoE) and partner with the business to shape the future of leadership at Walmart, Sam’s Club, and our International markets through the use of our tools and expertise. We are a small group of highly collaborative assessment and leadership development specialists, driven by the common goal of improving organizational outcomes and our associates’ experiences through better identification and targeted development of talent across the leadership pipeline.
The person in this role will support the day to day and strategic aspects of multiple programs and priorities related to the identification, selection, and development of our leadership population. There is strong opportunity for growth and to engage in impactful and meaningful work in this role, as our programs and our work intersect with other CoE’s and groups dedicated to improving our associates’ growth and development experiences that directly influence the future of the organization.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Proactive, takes initiative, and thrives under ambiguity
- Builds and maintains relationships; partners with and influences colleagues across the organization
- Flexible and resilient; must be able to work on and shift from attention across multiple projects
- Expertise in psychometric and leadership assessments (e.g., Personality, Cognitive Ability measures, leadership simulations, 360 surveys)
- PhD or ABD in I/O Psychology
- At least two years of working experience internally within a large organizations
- Experience working with assessment centers
What you’ll do…
- Serves as Program Owner for all programs and processes related to leadership identification and selection, including:
- Leading the design, socialization, and implementation of a new High Potential Assessment to identify and develop diverse and strategically-critical talent at mid-career levels in support of associate development and talent identification
- Overseeing processes and systems related to selection programs for Senior Directors and Officers; partnering with Global Talent (Recruitment) and People Partners to implement identify potential gaps with existing processes and designing and implementing continuous improvements
- Leads internal and external research projects, data and report requests from business and People Partners (internal trend analysis, external benchmarking, key insights to inform development and succession)
- Supports Leadership Selection and Identification Director in the design of quarterly and long-term strategic roadmaps to socialize with business partners
- Partners with Talent Analytics and Insights Team to improve data governance and reporting
- Expands the use of Interviewer Certification and best practice interviewing approaches across Walmart to increase the quality reduce the impact of bias in hiring at Walmart
- Partners with COE and Global People teams as needed to support and consult on ad hoc program selection and interviewing needs
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Political Science, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related field and 3 years’ experience
in workforce development, learning development, human resources, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in workforce development, learning
development, human resources, or related area.
1 year’s supervisory experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading or partnering with cross-functional teams., Profit and Loss Masters: Business, Masters: Human Resources
Primary Location...508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."— Adele Garcia, Global HR Operations
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?