Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Data Engineer III - Marketplace Strategy and Analytics
(USA) Data Engineer III – Marketplace Strategy and...
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1407105
What you'll do...
Do you love to use data to challenge status quo? Do you love doing cutting -edge data engineering work? Do you like to work in a team that pushes the bar by providing data driven insights? Then….
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce - Marketplace Strategy and Analytics team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
As a Data Engineer III – Marketplace Strategy and Analytics, you will use cutting edge data engineering techniques to create critical datasets and dig into our mammoth scale of data to help unleash the power of data science by imagining, developing, and maintaining data pipelines that our Data Scientists and Analysts can rely on. You will be responsible for contributing to an orchestration layer of complex data transformations, refining raw data from source into targeted, valuable data assets for consumption in a governed way. You will partner with Data Scientists, Analysts, other engineers, and business stakeholders to solve complex and exciting challenges so that we can build out capabilities that evolve the marketplace business model while making a positive impact on our customers’ lives.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- 3+ years’ experience in data engineering and analytics using Big Data Platforms like Spark, Hadoop, BigQuery
- Creating real time data streaming and processing using Kafka and/or Spark streaming.
- Demonstrating expertise in writing complex, highly optimized queries across large data sets
- Strong Programming Skills in SQL, Java/Python/Scala
- Developing data pipelines with Apache Airflow
- Demonstrating experience with public cloud platforms like Azure or Google
- Experience with distributed SQL query engines like presto
- Experience with Relational Database platforms (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Informix, Oracle etc.)
You’ll make an impact by:
- Problem Formulation: Identifies possible options to address the business problems within one's discipline through analytics, big data analytics, and automation.
- Applied Business Acumen: Supports the development of business cases and recommendations. Owns delivery of project activity and tasks assigned by others. Supports process updates and changes. Solves business issues.
- Data Governance: Supports the documentation of data governance processes. Supports the implementation of data governance practices.
- Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
- Data Transformation and Integration: Extracts data from identified databases. Creates data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevant to the problem by selecting appropriate techniques. Develops knowledge of current data science and analytics trends.
- Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
- Data Modeling: Analyzes complex data elements, systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships to contribute to conceptual, physical, and logical data models. Develops the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Models including data warehouse and data mart designs. Defines relational tables, primary and foreign keys, and stored procedures to create a data model structure. Evaluates existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies. Develops efficient data flows. Analyzes data-related system integration challenges and proposes appropriate solutions. Creates training documentation and trains end-users on data modeling. Oversees the tasks of less experienced programmers and stipulates system troubleshooting supports.
- Code Development and Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Creates proofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers. Contributes code documentation, maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 265 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more. You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices . Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J . The annual salary range for this position is $91,000.00-$156,000.00 Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives. Additional compensation for certain positions may also include: - Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location) - Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 4 years’ experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?