Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Principal Data Analyst - Investigative Risk and Operational Compliance
(USA) Principal Data Analyst - Investigative Risk ...
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1391215
What you'll do...
Principal Data Analyst, (Investigative Risk and Operational Compliance)
The Principal Data Analyst, IROCC will build tools and apps to proactively identify fraud and risks in support of Global Governance initiatives.
This is a global role providing analytics support to Global Governance SMEs across all the markets we operate in, will be able to process data from disparate data platforms, build and support BI dashboards that help the SME’s identify risk in their programs and also measure the maturity, draw insights and correlations from the data and communicate the results to the SMEs in business terms.
Translates business problems to a data related or mathematical solutions.
Identifies appropriate modeling techniques for complex problems with large scale, multiple structured and unstructured data sets.
Conducts exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences) on available data.
Develops newer techniques (for example, advanced machine learning algorithms, auto ML) by leveraging the latest trends in machine learning, artificial intelligence to train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
They will conduct research to benchmark industry best practices and leverage technological solutions to better manage risk within each area of focus.
Create the data for reporting on key performance metrics for compliance programs for each area of focus.
You’ll make an impact by:
You have strong knowledge of mathematics, particularly statistics.
You can code using R or Python and have working knowledge of at least one of the following: SAS, Matlab, R, Python, SQL, VBA, etc.
Producing clear and impactful visualizations in support of complex cases
Processing large amount of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis
You have experience in tools like Power BI, Tableau, Tableau Prep, BigQuery
Accessing and interpreting public records data
Making complex and difficult matters simple and easily understood
Multitasking and using good judgment in prioritization of tasks.
Advising on analysis and modeling techniques, selecting the best fit for structured& unstructured, complex data, and developing custom analytics models to generate insights that drive value for our customers and unlock competitive advantage for our organization.
Conducting exploratory analysis including hypothesis testing, statistical inference, and statistical analysis (predictive and/or prescriptive)
Partnering with Ethics and Compliance stakeholders to translate challenging business problems into state-of-the-art data science solutions.
Developing processes and tools that monitor, analyze and continuously improve model performance and data accuracy.
Having effective verbal and written communications skills
Presenting findings in writing and verbally
You’re someone who can execute, with strong discipline and organization skills; someone who gets things done.
You have strong analytical skills to interpret insights coming from various initiatives and have a mindset for continuous learning and improvement.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
You have a proven track record to solve problems through mathematical and deductive reasoning.
You have consistently high standards, your passion for quality is inherent in everything that you do.
You have proven ability as a full stack data analyst develops, optimizes, and scales models for the production environment.
You connect the how and why, using your knowledge of data science theories and methodologies to derive the best approach that is fit-for-purpose.
You have a proven ability with statistical methods and advanced modelling techniques (e.g., SVM, Random Forest, Bayesian inference, graph models, NLP, Computer Vision, neural networks, etc.)
You’re experienced with languages used to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets (e.g. Python, R, SQL, etc.)
You’re proficient using database technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
You have experience with Spark, Hive and TensorFlow etc.
You have experience developing models involving tuning, calibration, segmentation and optimization.
You are structured in your thought process and can break down large problems into smaller simpler problems.
Looking for some data science experience
Minimum 5 years’ experience advanced analytics, predictive analytics
R or Python
Location is Bentonville, AR
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."— Lola, Project Analyst
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?