Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Omni Category Planning - Food and Consumables
Manager, Omni Category Planning - Food and Consuma...
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1356227
What you'll do...
Manager II of Merchandise Planning
Want to use your critical thinking & problem-solving abilities to drive operational excellence in a dynamic and evolving omni-channel retail environment? At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better, which serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. How does Walmart deliver the best assortment and help the customer get what they need, when they need it, and where they need it? That’s where you come in.
In this role, you will be focused in on strategic planning (forecasting changing company needs), assessing business models, optimizing workflows and systems analysis. Part visionary and part strategist, you’ll be the expert for your category and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a forward-thinker… able to quickly develop a holistic understanding of problems to develop innovative solutions
- You’re influential… evaluating complex decisions and process improvement isn’t easy, but you educate and motivate others to gain alignment through effective storytelling
- You’re a self-starter…who can adapt to an ever-changing retail environment
- You have a strong understanding of financials…and, most importantly, how to translate complex information into user-friendly insights, and tactics
You’ll make an impact by:
- Providing data-driven insights to influence the deployment of key initiatives, strategies, that directly impact business results.
- Evaluating and reviewing business performance through analytics to understand what’s working and not working, predict outcomes and generate insights.
- Becoming a valuable strategic partner by working across various internal teams to identify opportunities for improvement and collaborate on solutions.
- Communicating effectively to achieve leadership alignment and influence cross-functional stakeholders.
- Successfully navigating in ambiguous environments with multiple cross functional stakeholders and competing KPIs in pursuit of improve business outcomes.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and 2 years’ experience in retail, merchandising, forecasting, or related area. OR 4 years’ experience in retail, merchandising, forecasting, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Negotiating terms and costing, Retail Link, Supervisory Masters: Marketing
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."— Hannah, Sourcing Manager
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?