Patient Care Technician PRN NWA
University of Arkansas
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Clinical Staff - Nursing
Temporary (Fixed Term)
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The University does not discriminate in its education programs or activities (including in admission and employment) on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, or sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity). Federal law prohibits the University from discriminating on these bases. Questions or concerns about the application of Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, may be sent to the University's Title IX Coordinator and to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment.
All application information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at
REP | CS NWA Float Pool
The Patient Care Technician, (Razorback Clinic), is a specifically trained member of the unit based team. The Patient Care Technician supports the on-going delivery of care as identified by the multi-disciplinary Patient Management Team. The Patient Care Technician works under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse and performs tasks and duties which do not require a licensed practitioner, professional judgment or intervention.
Summary of Job Duties:
- High School diploma/GED
- Successful completion of a patient care technician course within 3 months of hire
- Current BLS certification or must successfully obtain certification within the first 30 days of employment
- Experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred
- Collects/records patients’ medical history and acquires patient vital signs
- Advises patients regarding treatment, medication, and specific physician instructions
- Collects lab samples and complete necessitated documentation for submission to lab
- Greets all patients/customers in professional and courteous manner upon arrival at clinic
- Registers and checks-out patients
- Interacts with and assists the public in a professional and friendly manner
- Demonstrates effective communication skills; communicates accurate and complete information; maintains strict confidentiality
- Perform EKG's, dressing changes, set up for and assist provider with procedures and examinations (with the exception of medication handling).
Commensurate with education and experience
List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Proof of Veteran Status, Resume
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Criminal Background Check
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.