Cobb - Poultry Farm Worker
Job Title: Poultry Farm Worker
Location: Bates Mountain Farm, Summers, AR
Schedule: Monday through Friday, including holidays
Hours: 6:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. or until finished. Several times a month, work an alternative work schedule. Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
Priority consideration will be provided to internal applicants first.
Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Applicants must reside in the United States to be considered for an interview.
Starting wage - $16.00/hour plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends
Competitive benefits, including:
*Health, Dental and Vision Insurance at Day 1 of hire
*Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
*Stock Purchase Plan
*Tuition-free programs at high-quality schools, including college degrees, certificates,
high school completion, English language learning courses, and more.
*New hire Referral Incentives and Sign-On Bonus
* Over time eligibility
* Earned time off
This position is responsible for vaccinating birds and moving birds to designated houses; placing new shavings in poultry houses; maintaining and cleaning farm equipment; blood pulls; all farm preparation prior to placement of birds; and vegetation control on the farm; removing used litter from poultry houses; bush hogging and/or mowing around poultry houses; assisting with house clean out, wash down and disinfection as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with cleaning and disinfecting poultry houses and all equipment (including vehicles/tractors) utilizing commercial pressure washer on wet/slick floor (20%)
- Move birds as required to laying houses, livehaul birds (15%)
- Vaccinations and blood pulls as scheduled (15%)
- Selection of males at the appropriate age to keep as breeding males (10%)
- Set up of poultry houses including shavings, slats, and spraying of pesticides and herbicides (10%)
- Operates equipment to remove litter and slats with Bobcat loader and tractor (20%)
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities:
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, such as repair pens, equipment and buildings or fenced yards; repair equipment (feeders, waterers, lights, fans, etc.); farm cleanup such as garbage/litter retrieval; properly euthanize weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy (10%)
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements:
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering on-site and changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the job site except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move, up to 50 pounds to move items such as partitions, nests, tools, etc. May be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 2000 pounds such as skids of supplies, shavings, slats, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk majority of shift on multiple surfaces; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; climbing/ladder usage; talk or hear; stoop/bend up to 1000 times per day; drive a vehicle within the farm complex. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment:
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also work in hot, dry, extreme dusty, dark, wet, icy, snowy and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles and/or glasses, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof aprons, and company issued footwear are required. Ear plugs or hearing protection will be used as required. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators will be worn as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Disinfectants such as Synergize, Lysol, bleach, insecticides, herbicides, rodenticides, etc.
- Safety: Team member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. Team member is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.