Associate Dir FSQA
This position is responsible for performing a variety of technical, analytical, and professional job responsibilities related to managing consistent food safety and quality programs for all designated Fresh Meats facilities, supporting to the FSQA and Operations leadership teams. This position works cross functionally within facilities and across Tyson Foods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, refine and execute a comprehensive Food Safety and Quality strategy that drives exceptional food safety compliance and a quality advantage in the market.
- Assist in meeting internal and external audit compliance objectives including execution of internal FSQA auditing schedule and audit standard as well as providing direct support to GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiatives) certification activities at internal manufacturing facilities.
- Maintain internal and external audit compliance and policy objectives related to raw material suppliers, tested beef trim customers, certified cookers, and co-manufacturers.
- Work collaboratively within a technical environment to develop, validate, implement, and verify proactive food safety and quality programs including HACCP, prerequisite programs, and regulatory requirements.
- Design appropriate food safety, quality and regulatory training for all team members with key business collaborators.
- Work collaboratively within a technical environment to develop, validate, implement, and verify proactive food safety and quality programs including HACCP, SSOP prerequisite programs, and regulatory requirements.
- Review and provide guidance on current scientific literature relevant to food safety and quality. Keep current with food safety and quality technology developments and makes recommendations for inclusion in manufacturing processes.
- Other specific responsibilities include developing and maintaining performance metrics, consumer complaint management and investigation, and special projects as assigned.
- Work Cross Functionally
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Microbiology or related field preferred. Advanced degree a plus. HACCP certification.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years functional experience in a Food Safety or Regulatory field preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Competent in the fields of the microbiological, chemical, and physical hazards in foods, HACCP, and food processing. Knowledge of food safety regulations pertinent to the position is required.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Competent knowledge of computers in reviewing and analyzing data, conducting literature searches, developing training presentations and writing policy required.
SUPERVISORY: This position has no direct reports.
TRAVEL: up to 50%, may include holidays and/or weekends if necessary
Relocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.