Senior Manager FSQA
Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate, lead, and administer specialized Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) programs as well as Export and Regulatory programs for Tyson Foods Ingredient Solutions Group (ISG) Poultry Rendering and Blend operations. This will be accomplished by collaborating with Corporate and Plant FSQA, Regulatory Authorities, Process Experts, Operations, Research & Development, Engineering, and others. ISG Export program responsibilities include assessing USDA- APHIS Export Library requirements, assisting in product development per Export requirements, understanding impact to the programs, updating ISG export programs, coordinating audits, and maintaining approved product listings through USDA APHIS for each plant. Raw Material Supplier program responsibilities include soliciting plant FSQA feedback regarding meeting quality expectations, revising the program annually, communicating with suppliers, and ensuring supplier requirements meet the program. Additionally, customer relationships are a must, especially, but not limited to customer audits, responding to customer complaints with sufficient corrective actions, and being a subject matter expert to customers. Special project work includes optimization of current intervention and sampling processes as well as coordinating with other business partners to ensure safety, sustainability, and business needs are met in conjunction to food safety, quality and regulatory requirements. Special projects will include submitting requests to USDA/FDA for new process waivers and championing requests through an end-point. This position is responsible for all other duties or required or assigned.
- Education: Bachelors Degree or higher in Animal Science, Meat Science, Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or other technical disciplines
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of previous relevant experience in technical services regulatory or research work as applied to beef pork and meat further processing. Previous experience in meat or food processing plant experience preferred.
- Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Office Word Excel PowerPoint Outlook required. Plant View system. Experience with data analysis and reporting required.
- Communication skills: Strong verbal written and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate with off-site direct reports and all levels of leadership. Ability to teach and train team members.
- Physical: Must have ability to climb up and down stairs. May be required to lift 40 lbs. or more.
- Special Skills: Exceptional attention to detail follow up interpersonal and organizational skills. Will work around animals processing plant and office environments. Laboratory analysis knowledge, testing equipment troubleshooting and repair, and laboratory safety procedures. Statistical process control, HARPC, HACCP, anticipating regulatory issues, exporting product documentation, and procedures.
- Supervisory: This position has multiple direct report.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 10-15 times per year. Some overnight travel and occasional night work required.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.