Consumer Relations Representative
This position is responsible for learning all aspects of Tyson Foods from product development, production, packaging, shipping, and the sale of our products to consumers as well as representing Tyson Foods as a company that is committed to excellent products and superior customer satisfaction. This requires up to three months of on-the-job training in the CRS platform and database, instruction from various FSQA managers within each of the BU’s for product familiarization and coordinating the needs of the Tyson Foods customer and consumer with the objectives of Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Sales, and Marketing departments. This position involves resolving and processing product issues and inquiries that are received from social media, telephone, letters, text, and chat. Other responsibilities include daily monitoring of product issues, identifying and reporting crisis situations in written and verbal form to management in an expeditious fashion, and ensuring continued patronage and good relations with all Tyson customers and consumers. Additional departmental duties consist of researching and developing solutions to customer and consumer problems regarding product changes, clarification of marketing promotions, and coordinating plant resolution to product complaints. Flexibility to work additional hours/weekends should special situations arise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- On the job training in the Astute Agent CMR, Tyson Spec Systems, Power BI and PDM (3+ months given the broad product ranges)
- Instruction for over 1000 product packaging familiarization.
- Education on allergens contained within our products and be able to relay accurate information related to allergens to our customers and consumers.
- Educate Customers and Consumer on USDA Best Food Safety Practices
- Tyson history
- Answer employee questions on W-2’s during tax season (when are they receiving them)
- Support for other departments when they send out communication without a phone number and will not provide a phone number for questions. (Tyson Procurement)
- Learn where every product is produced.
- Answers calls/complaints on almost anything Tyson related and must have the knowledge to either know the answer or know who can answer.
- Ability to discuss issues with customers and consumers that are a high risk to our company.
Education: Broad knowledge in professional field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Customer Service/Public Relations background
Computer Skills: Intermediate computer skills including Tyson systems.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Special Skills: Ability to handle stressful situations problem solving skills and decision-making abilities.
Supervisory: No direct reports.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.