General Labor - 3RD SHIFT- Full Time- Fayetteville 72701
This position starts at $15.65/hr. with a shift increase of 50 cents for second shift and increase of $1.00 for third shift.
If you are looking to make an impact in a meaningful way, join us at Tyson Foods where we are raising the world’s expectations for how much good food can do! We create quality products in a safe environment for our team members. We offer great benefits and advancement opportunities. This facility operates five days a week with potential for overtime and produces Taco Shells, Tortilla Chips and Tortillas.
This position is responsible for entry level non-skilled general labor while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Tyson policies and procedures.
- Applicants will be considered for any general labor type opening on 1st Shift
- Applicants will be considered for openings in any department that may include, but are not limited to, Tortilla, Taco, Corn, and Packing.
- Lift flour or corn tortillas and/or bags of product off a moving conveyor repeatedly.
- Grader inspects tortillas, taco as they come off the conveyor for folds, tears, holes, over bake or contamination.
- Tortillas, taco with folds, tears, holes or over bake are scooped off the conveyor with large spatula and place in barrel to be taken to regrind.
- Tortillas, taco with contamination are thrown into a condemn barrel.
- Assemble boxes and pack boxes of flour or corn tortillas, chips or strips or tacos.
- Inspect the product bag for adequate seal before packing in a box. Lift on occasion boxes of bags of product weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Utility positions rotate to any open position and are required to lift 50 lb. bags continuously.
- Team members are required to rotate between the different positions in Packout and between the Corn and Flour departments as needed.
- Perform work in a safe manner.
- Abide by all company policies / procedures, written or verbal.
- Work as a team member toward task accomplishments.
- Perform any other tasks assigned.
- Lift, on occasion, boxes of product weighing up to 35 pounds unless it is a utility position that will require lifting 50 lb. bags continuously.
- Keep work areas clean adhering to GMP guidelines.
- Team members are required to rotate between the different positions in Packout.
- Position may require you to work in hot and or cold environments.
- Reach 12-16 inches from body at waist height.
- Flexibility of wrists, hands and shoulders with some bending, lifting, climbing of stairs, walking and lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Standing for 8 hours or more.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime.
**This Tyson Location has a rehire criteria of 180 days from last termination date***
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
3RD SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.