Why choose Tyson Engineering?
In this role you will: support the scope and budget generation, design, construction, and project management of large-scale capital projects within the Poultry, Fresh Meats and Prepared Foods manufacturing networks and the Warehousing & Transportation network focusing primarily on CSA (Civil/Structural/Architectural) functions.
Tyson is an international company and the largest producer of protein in the U.S. Our Engineers are essential and integral in making that happen.
What we need you to do:
- Enterprise Engineering subject matter expert for CSA.
- Ensure projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives while meeting all code and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain CSA specifications, standards, and other technical information in collaboration with other corporate functional areas.
- Coordinate and manage the day-to-day operational aspects of multiple equipment and process focused projects.
- Monitor, report, and distribute reporting metrics to cross-functional teams regarding the status and progress of team projects.
- Project estimating.
- Review project metrics for reasonableness, improve project control through process improvement and user training.
- Guide and assist Operations and Engineering teams to adhere to Tyson Enterprise Engineering design specifications and standards.
- Create ad-hoc reports, analysis, and presentations as requested/needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of applicable engineering experience with a minimum of 2 years in the food industry.
- Advanced knowledge and working use of computer programs, including spreadsheets, databases.
- Excellent communication skills to multiple internal department leaders, plant and warehouse leadership.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in the analysis, design and detailing of structural components and buildings with multiple building materials such as cast in place concrete, pre-stressed precast concrete, masonry, wood, hot rolled steel and cold formed steel; knowledge and significant experience in the analysis design and detailing of complex steel structures in any seismic region; proficient knowledge and experience in the design of various foundation systems; knowledge and understanding of building codes use and occupancy classifications, ADA requirements and egress requirements in terms of limiting areas rated separations and fire suppression systems; technical knowledge, experience and understanding of architectural and engineering components of buildings with multiple building materials; knowledge and experience with low temperature food processing and industrial building design and detailing including experience detailing insulated metal panels.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- PE licensure
- CAD, Revit, Risa, and/or other design software systems
- Up to 25-30%, multi-days stays required; ability to egress uneven surfaces in construction and plant environments safely and easily.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.