Manager Commodity - Energy
This position will report to the Associate Director of Commodity Purchasing, leading our Energy team in expanding the reporting, analysis, and purchasing processes as it relates to Tyson’s energy commodity exposures. Primary responsibilities include managing energy procurement for Tyson’s facilities, providing critical reporting and analysis around commodity markets, leading the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and monthly forecasting processes for energy inputs, and developing and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Lead the procurement of physical natural gas supply across Tyson’s operational footprint, performing RFP’s for natural gas supply, providing suppliers monthly nominations, pulling daily usages for forecasting, tolerance alignment, renomination and invoicing purposes, reviewing supplier/LDC/pipeline contracts, monitoring market trends, writing/communicating market commentary, and managing a P&L.
- Lead the procurement of power across Tyson’s operational footprint. Ensuring power security and reliability through supply agreements and optimizing for the lowest cost supply in regulated and wholesale power markets.
- Primary contributor in the origination, analysis, and execution of value-creating green power initiatives to achieve Tyson’s decarbonization strategy.
- Work closely with the Financial Risk Management team to develop and execute long-term risk management strategies against Tyson’s underlying physical energy exposure.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with brokers, suppliers, and industry associations and look to forward Tyson’s best interests in its purchasing of energy inputs.
Education: Broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Preference of a degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, or Information Systems.
Experience: 3+ years of experience preferred. Preference given to those with experience in energy procurement, energy sustainability, and/or commodity trading.
Computer Skills: Strong computer skills required; basic knowledge of programs such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word; expertise with Excel is required. Knowledge of purchasing programs such as SAP, Endur or other ERP software is a plus.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to speak well in groups and publicly a plus.
Special Skills: Financial acumen; knowledge of merchandising practices in commodity markets; understand the needs of key stakeholders and have the ability to relay those needs to the various groups; working with numbers; problem solving; ability to prioritize and multi-task; data analytic skills a plus.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.